new user Oldtimer

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Who ever registered as oldtimer yesterday please re-register, I had 6 spammers register and you and I accidently deleted and sent deleted notices out. I apologize, could you please reregister and I will approve. There are roughly 8 new registrations per day and 4 known spammers that register per day. I have to moderate all new users before they are allowed on the site to post. This involves a scan of the users IP and email address to make sure they are in sync. In doing this this reduces spam posts to virtually nothing.

RON

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Ron, thanks for all the extra attention trying to protect the site for spammers. As you can see from the amount of activity on this site, you've created an awesome meeting place. Don't want to see it go down hill by having the spammers attack it.

I know it's a lot of extra work so I just wanted to say thanks.

:clap2:

Attachments

• River Ramp group photo.jpg
    River Ramp group photo.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Boat Glide Trailer.jpg
    Boat Glide Trailer.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Boat glide Detail.JPG
    Boat glide Detail.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 21
  • colored guides 002 (800x600).jpg
    colored guides 002 (800x600).jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Ski Guides trailer.jpg
    Ski Guides trailer.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 20

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
0-29UJO;IJV8OPPOIJAQ[0W9EJF;J;PZ9JSE;T9J;HJOWE8FJ;A9JOPIJDOI8Q0J.M UAJWLIJ P-Q2890J3R;OAIJOWHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?2J;9J;W9JA;W9JQPFP JFJPJB8HJDRIHJQ;OWRJIO;IVUZO;X9JV;LIJFO;AIUWRJ;LIWJOU6ASDGSDH6A0URQJ99UI;PJ9Z09PJAWP9TJ;G9JSPIW'5P0JY/POJKG;IOSKFA
4H
6D7FJ
D
6AS5
AH

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
"oldtimer"

When a new user asks to join the group Ron has a look at the info submitted to see if the user is possibly a "spammer". If they are he bans them from the site.
In the case of "oldtimer" Ron, by accident, deleted him from the system. Hopefully "oldtimer" will see this post and get to Ron so he can add him back in.
As I said, it was just an accident.

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
They dont really put the site down they put up mega adds for p*rn, vi**gra, dr*gs, rol*x's wat*ches, ch*eap Insuran*ce, etc. I have to write the items with a * as the spiders and search engines would pick this up and distribute. Its interesting how they work as well they take all the posts and keep the information and when you go to google for example and type snowmobiling valemount, it may direct you to this site. But the spammers sign on and register alot but they cannot post untill I allow them to. To all honest new people registering, I check them 2 times a day and moderate so you can usually post the same day, If I deleted you by an accident dont take that bad please re-register, I may have made an error...

RON

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spam

Again, Ron, your hard work is greatly appreciated in keeping this site "disease free". There seems to be a greater number of spam posts by that "Summitric" guy. See below.

0-29UJO;IJV8OPPOIJAQ[0W9EJF;J;PZ9JSE;T9J;HJOWE8FJ;A9JOPIJDOI8Q0J.M UAJWLIJ P-Q2890J3R;OAIJOWHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?2J;9J;W9JA;W9JQPFP JFJPJB8HJDRIHJQ;OWRJIO;IVUZO;X9JV;LIJFO;AIUWRJ;LIW JOU6ASDGSDH6A0URQJ99UI;PJ9Z09PJAWP9TJ;G9JSPIW'5P0J Y/POJKG;IOSKFA
4H
6D7FJ
D
6AS5
AH

Maybe you should check into his account.

Tekim:D

GRD

Reaction score
Hey Ron

Apperciate your work keeping the spammers off the site.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Ron
You can get mxoldtimer on the outlawatv site.He is on there quit a bit!
catmando!:hunter2:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Spam

If we want to go see what happens with a uncontrolloed site just go to the ASA site and look under trail talk. Too bad we dont have the commitminet on that site that we have here. I miss that old site. Keep out the riff raff Ron

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron, thanks for the hard work. You have created something here that I, and many many others feel is truely unique. The site is one of a kind !!!

Top Bottom