new to us rev. couple questions

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we got a new to us 2007 rev 800r. 2940kms. do these have altitude compensating from factory? also ive read lots about these engines blowing bearings. if i listened to everything about issues with sleds it would take most off the table for purchase. it runs strong, starts fine, idles fine. very very clean sled. anything we should look for?

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
we got a new to us 2007 rev 800r. 2940kms. do these have altitude compensating from factory? also ive read lots about these engines blowing bearings. if i listened to everything about issues with sleds it would take most off the table for purchase. it runs strong, starts fine, idles fine. very very clean sled. anything we should look for?

Yes, they doo have altitude compensators on them so no need to ever touch the jets. The only thing you have to do is adjust clickers. Usually around home at 2200' the clickers are at position 3 and when you go to the mountains, set them on position 5. This is provided that it runs at 8250 rpm at home. The tachs read 100 rpm high so engine speed will actually be 8150 rpm which is designed rpm. Quick clickers make this easy.
As for the bearings, the main concern is the pto and mag side outer bearings. You can do a quick check on the pto bearing and get an indication of what you have. Take the primary clutch off and remove the 4 bolts that hold the seal in place. Pop the seal out carefully and inspect. You probably will require some isoflex grease in there. Here is a link to the bearing buddy install I did this year.....it will show you what you should find....
https://www.snowandmud.com/ski-doo-xp-sleds-460/bearing-buddy-install-73081.html

Have a good look at the belt wear, the sliders..... I always float the secondary on the rev's too.....

Last edited:

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
phone one of the dealers and run the vin# on BOSS WEBB and they will be able to tell you the history of the sled. ( at least anything done at a dealership that is.)

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also the mag inner bearings have issues.
Move the ecm ( sled computer ) from above the pipe in front to above the oil tank ( heat and moisture don't mix )

from my HTC

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your sled a Summit or a Renegade? If not, I don't think it'll have altitude compensation DPM.

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to be honest with u im not 100 percent sure. has the 151. i assume it is summit. maybe is a renegade. first doo so learning. alsoow can u lighten up the steering. tighten up front springs? bear with me on this sled.

Top Bottom