New to the Forum and to sledding in the mountains. SO EXCITED!!!

kmetiuk

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm Lucas and I'm new. Hahaha. Had the sled for a few years at the cabin but no truck to haul it around. Well problem solved this year so I'm super excited to get out on the sled in the mountains. Hoping to hit somewhere the second week of Nov... conditions permitting of course. Woooooo!

Cheers. :)

Last edited:

kmetiuk

Reaction score
I'm on a 08 Phazer....for now. Offically inherited the sled from pops over the summer as he has ridden all of 3 times since he got it. It has to have less than 100 km on it so its in mint condition and ready for the snow to hit. Its a fun little machine out at the lake, but its not gonna hold up in the mountains I figure.
'
I'm thinking I'm going to flip it and put the cash towards an M8....I think...still kinda deciding on what sled I want to upgrade too. Everyone at work talks about sleds all the time now that its getting cold, but Its the classic "Ford is the best...chevy is crap" "No Chevy is crap...dodge rocks" battle so I'm still reading a lot of reviews and analyzing the different upgrade paths of the various front runners.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome..

Well you will get the same here with brand bashing. Hard to find any unbiased reviews on any forum. As long as the sled you buy runs great you won't regret heading to the mountains and riding

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:welcomebluesign: to the family!! You're gonna love the mountains.... soon you'll be addicted... and broke!! :thumbsup2:

kmetiuk

Reaction score
@Staple - I hear ya....it goes with buying anything really. Kinda like how I think the international galaxy S3 is far superior to the iPhone 5.

@Whitegold - Oh I'm pretty addicted already. I've been taking the quad to the mountains for 4 or 5 years now and its been a blast so I'm super stoked for the snow side of the season out there. Been boarding most of my life so the thought of taking my board out with my sled and carving a kicker somewhere and hitting that on my board over and over is quite appealing....not to mention the actual ripping around on the sled. :D

I'd stay away from the Cat's.... apparently it's 80's technology

I see I see. I have a cat quad and the thing has been phenomenal. I am unbelievably hard on everything I own and it s held up beautifully. The only issue I have had is the head lights keeping popping bulbs but thats just me being lazy and not fixing the seal.

What do you mean 80's technology? That's kind of vague and subjective. For instance using fuel injection is 80's tech....but don't fix what ain't broke. I am mos def not a fan of direct injection and happy with regular old port injection.

If your not onboard with Cat's...what is your preferred brand any why?

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
For the record.... Me and the wife both run M-series cats.....

Bullet proof motors, Unmatched dealer service & "flickable" scares me, an e-tech almost got me killed, I like stability...

I see I see. I have a cat quad and the thing has been phenomenal. I am unbelievably hard on everything I own and it s held up beautifully. The only issue I have had is the head lights keeping popping bulbs but thats just me being lazy and not fixing the seal.

What do you mean 80's technology? That's kind of vague and subjective. For instance using fuel injection is 80's tech....but don't fix what ain't broke. I am mos def not a fan of direct injection and happy with regular old port injection.

If your not onboard with Cat's...what is your preferred brand any why?

Last edited:

Kovac

Reaction score
Welcome to S&M! If you ever need an extra to go out and ride, always looking for new people to go out with! Good luck with your choice of mountain sled, it think with any brand you'll be happy!!
Cheers

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
welcome and buy extra parts for your 2nd week of Nov, that way you will be able to have a second day, lol the worst thing you could have done is show up on here. Don't believe anybody that tells you anything bad about doo, the rest are junk......................LOL

Top Bottom