New to me Polaris Pro w/163 challenger extreme 2.5 track

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
Well i pulled the trigger yesterday i put a deposit on a demo pro rmk that had a couple ripped paddles and they're going to put a brand new track on(posted in title), it has a few extras on it too: gas rack, tunnel bag, vent kit, skid plate, running board stiffners..... i know im going to love this sled this winter but im curious about cans...which ones are you guys running and do you need a programmer with one? I havent really seen anything on them, tryed to search and not much coming up

And if there is anything you guys think i should know about this sled let me know, i think im going to keep it fairly stock and maybe turbo it on pump gas next season :d

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
I forgot to ask, are you guys pulling out ur sway bar's? I've pulled my dads out of his 800rev and it made it way better for boondockin and carving....are you guys seing the same results?

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HPS makes an excellent replacement aftermuffler which also saves 5lbs and you do not need a programmer when just adding a can. It's when you start changing to a full aftermarket exhaust and compression and adding all the other goodies then they recommend adding a controller. Also NPP a local pipebuilder makes excellent exhaust parts. I wouldn't pull the swaybar out until you try it first, i don't think there's a need to on these machines they work great with it in. Higgins.

Last edited:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard taking the sway bar out might make it have worse handling for the Pro RMK chassis. There's alot to choose from! I'm running an MBRP which is only 4 lbs savings, but I got a smoking good price on it!

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If u type in HPS pro rmk on YouTube there is a guy that is using the HPS can.He also weights both, stock was 11.4 and HPS 4.7...Thinking I might go HPS also.Does anyone know where I can find one,Thanks

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throw that swaybar in the bush. B.S. on all who say it ride worse. Throw on Assault front springs so you don't bottom out the shocks when you start to drive like a real sledder. I can do it all on my sled, What you think,the sled will do. I don't just look at my nice sled, I drive the bag off it and it performs. Happy sledding.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leave the swaybar in !! The Pro is so easy to throw around, any "real" rider has no issue with the swaybar. It also makes the sled more stable on high speed trail runs to and from the riding areas.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throw that swaybar in the bush. B.S. on all who say it ride worse. Throw on Assault front springs so you don't bottom out the shocks when you start to drive like a real sledder. I can do it all on my sled, What you think,the sled will do. I don't just look at my nice sled, I drive the bag off it and it performs. Happy sledding.

Its quite obvious that you are the next poster model for some Sled video. hhahahahahahahahah what works for you is not for everyone. I would never take out my sway bar on this sled its just fine the way it is.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's right I could be the next sled star hahahahahah and cut 4 ft donunts around you while your stairing at me and my sled .
Anyway like he said he took out his dads swaybar on his Rev and it carved and boondocked better, well on the the Pro when the swaybar is out it does it all great but the front springs all tightened up you still bottom out and the front end feels soggy this is where the assault shocks are stiffer and don't need to be wound up all the way. Riding on the trail and back is no problem with the sway bar out and the springs set right. Try it out this winter and choose what you want.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's right I could be the next sled star hahahahahah and cut 4 ft donunts around you while your stairing at me and my sled .
Anyway like he said he took out his dads swaybar on his Rev and it carved and boondocked better, well on the the Pro when the swaybar is out it does it all great but the front springs all tightened up you still bottom out and the front end feels soggy this is where the assault shocks are stiffer and don't need to be wound up all the way. Riding on the trail and back is no problem with the sway bar out and the springs set right. Try it out this winter and choose what you want.

It seems you have little knowledge on how to properly set up a modern sled's suspension.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's right !!. That's why you ride your stock sled and ride the way you do and I have my sled sled all set up for me and ride the sled to it's full potential..

Top Bottom