new to me 2007 M8 141

SNOWY

Reaction score
ok,

I might be buying one of these. Just wheeling and dealing now, (father in laws sled) but will probably be mine.

Its black with the orange. What do you reccomend for accesories? It already has storage bags for the windshield, bags near the gas tank. There is a riser in the steering post/longer brake/throttle cables. It has the goldfinger left hand throttle. frog skins have put on. ECU updates have been done. original track. sliders have been replaced. General maintenance/upkeep has been done.

I have seen the wind screens that can be installed to the side panels what is the benefit of adding them? Are they tough? Is it just a cosmetic add on?

Im thinking of replacing the windshield with a black/orange chrome one. What do these cost? is there a generic one for the M series?

Im not sure if I want to be putting on a different pipe as I dont prefer loud stinger type pipes.

not looking to do any engine mods. I heard that turbos just wreck things, and are not worth installing on a 2 stroke. is this true?

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M8 accessories that work.....knee pads, 2010 seat, vent kit, can, 2009 tunnel update....

You've already got the riser, and the frogskins....make sure you have them on all the vent holes, I only have them on the front and find that the snow goes into the clutch side vents on the hood and my belt slips when I'm carving in deep powder.

The vent kit is needed to cool the clutches and let out excess heat from the exhaust side. You will love them. Depends on what type you buy for toughness, but mine are made of aluminum and dog screen and they are much tougher than the plastic!

You can get generic chrome windshields, Ebay has them, but they are still in the $75 range.

An SLP pipe set up is the way to go, but if you don't want to spend $1000 to really get rid of excess weight and make your sled sound better (not louder) get the SLP can. That's what I'm running on my 08 M8....love it and gets rid of the suitcase!

Turbo....can't help you out much there as I don't have one YET.... but I believe the pg turbos are fairly reliable. Good luck, the M8 is an awesome sled!!

WATDAFOOK

Reaction score
A set of Boyesen reeds,an air horn and a helix..Then leave it stock..These are a pull rope sled and will last a long time without having to put any money into them....Awesome choice!!

SNOWY

Reaction score
M8 accessories that work.....knee pads, 2010 seat, vent kit, can, 2009 tunnel update....

You've already got the riser, and the frogskins....make sure you have them on all the vent holes, I only have them on the front and find that the snow goes into the clutch side vents on the hood and my belt slips when I'm carving in deep powder.

The vent kit is needed to cool the clutches and let out excess heat from the exhaust side. You will love them. Depends on what type you buy for toughness, but mine are made of aluminum and dog screen and they are much tougher than the plastic!

You can get generic chrome windshields, Ebay has them, but they are still in the $75 range.

An SLP pipe set up is the way to go, but if you don't want to spend $1000 to really get rid of excess weight and make your sled sound better (not louder) get the SLP can. That's what I'm running on my 08 M8....love it and gets rid of the suitcase!

Turbo....can't help you out much there as I don't have one YET.... but I believe the pg turbos are fairly reliable. Good luck, the M8 is an awesome sled!!

do you have pics of the side vents you could post?

Top Bottom