New To Me 03 SKS 700

Wellgeo03

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just picked up a 2003 SKS 700 with 6700 miles on it. The sled was owned by a middle aged guy who took very good care of it. The sled is absolutely mint, I mean not a scratch anywhere.

It has 6700 miles on it, and the top end was done about 600 miles ago. Is there anything that I should be addressing/inspecting at this milage as preventative maintenance? I would like to makes sure everything is in top shape before the season starts!

Any help or suggestions would be great!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just picked up a 2003 SKS 700 with 6700 miles on it. The sled was owned by a middle aged guy who took very good care of it. The sled is absolutely mint, I mean not a scratch anywhere.

It has 6700 miles on it, and the top end was done about 600 miles ago. Is there anything that I should be addressing/inspecting at this milage as preventative maintenance? I would like to makes sure everything is in top shape before the season starts!

Any help or suggestions would be great!
give the suspension a once over and grease it change the chaincase oil
and your mint

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the runout on the crank.

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the runout on the crank.

I was always religiously checking the crank runout and the compression on my 02 RMK. It still blew up (broken crank pin on PTO side) without warning. It looked exactly like the many pics I have seen of a broken crank pin. I shut it off, took off the drive belt and had to drag it 80+kms back to the pickup...Chatter Creek lodge is a ways away when you have a failure like this! When I tore it down for inspectioin I found no other damage to my engine at least. I found a brand new drop in at the time for a few more dollars than trying to rebuild mine. The new crate engine from Polaris had a few updates and has performed well since I installed it.

Top Bottom