New to Edmonton, places to ride?

mjkl

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to Edmonton, just looking for some places to ride around Edmonton? I live in the South west. Are there any trails close by? Thanks, Matt

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Contact the Trailseeker snowmobile club or this Alberta beach club and they will get you headed in the right direction with there trail systems

Reactions: RXN

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
AB Beach trail system can be accessed from Alberta Beach or Darwell, probably 40 mins west of you. We are an ASA club so our trail passes cover you for all the other ASA club trails including whitecourt, swan hills, fort sask etc...

Alberta Beach Snowmobile Club

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ministik Is a nice system, thats South East of the city. Take highway 14 East to RR215, turn south on 215, follow 3 miles to the end of the road, you'll see the staging area to your left.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, do any of these trails have wide open freeride areas? or just groomed trails? Thanks

Both areas listed above have "free" areas to pound around in. Conditions are what they are, I know west of Edmonton we have had a good amount of snow but still hit the odd "lump" pounding around the fields. Remember the membership part and if you go to Ministik be aware it is also an area used by some us that ride horses as well. Only once have I seen people on horseback in the winter but they do show up and can use the same stagging area. Personally my mare gets the winter off from dragging my overwieght carcas around and preference goes to two stroke goodness.

Fingers crossed todays forecast for freezing rain isn't as bad as they say it can be. It is going to make for garbage conditions fast.

Mad Mike

Reaction score
There is lots of nice powder at Ministick, the there is some thin ice around some of the lake edges. Just be aware of where you are. It was a great little rip for my first time on my new to me sled.

mjkl

Reaction score
Yea I think I might head out there next weekend, I'll have to get a trail pass first. Are there usually a few people out there on the weekends, I don't want to end up stuck or broke down on a trail by myself.

FOGO

Reaction score
Did you ride there this past weekend? If so how were the trails? I am heading out this weekend if your rinterested?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am planning to ride around home on boxing day. It will be riding ditches and fields in the area. Just North of the city.

mjkl

Reaction score
Did you ride there this past weekend? If so how were the trails? I am heading out this weekend if your rinterested?
I didn't get a chance to get out yet, I could probably make it out sometime this weekend or later in the week.

mjkl

Reaction score
Anybody heading out today? I was thinking of checking out Ministik, just picked up a 2010 Summit 146'' and looking to try her out.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody heading out today? I was thinking of checking out Ministik, just picked up a 2010 Summit 146'' and looking to try her out.
Dress warm. Frostbite sucks. Voice of experience here.lol

Top Bottom