New to E-tec

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a new/used XM with 33km on it (Thanks RSaint) Anyway new to the e-tec so how long till the chip burns out and what are the best mods to these sleds. Need a little more Omph while rebuilding my Nytro. Heard putting belt drive system on them helps a lot. Not sure if I wanna go with a turbo as I already have my Nytro for that. Sweet sled, Love the sidehilling capabilities of these things. Seems a little low on power though. How much do they open up once chip is burned out? My other doo is a power tech. This e-tec does already pull harder but just seems like it could have more. Maybe because its such smooth power but it doesn't feel any stronger than my Pro-Rmk.

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's at least 500 Kms before its out of break-in. I've noticed mine gets more and more power as it goes through break-in

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone correct me if im wrong but i believe it's 80 liters of fuel through injectors to come off "safe mode". 120 liters to go to normal oiling.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah just put some miles on it. The first 100km are the worst. They use a ton of oil at first.
After about 600 km they smarten up again when break in is done.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Bought a new/used XM with 33km on it (Thanks RSaint) Anyway new to the e-tec so how long till the chip burns out and what are the best mods to these sleds. Need a little more Omph while rebuilding my Nytro. Heard putting belt drive system on them helps a lot. Not sure if I wanna go with a turbo as I already have my Nytro for that. Sweet sled, Love the sidehilling capabilities of these things. Seems a little low on power though. How much do they open up once chip is burned out? My other doo is a power tech. This e-tec does already pull harder but just seems like it could have more. Maybe because its such smooth power but it doesn't feel any stronger than my Pro-Rmk.

I will also add, that you guys with the turbos and BB's would naturally have a hard time going back to a stock 800. I can see where you are coming from with the "more power" thing. To me it is the best stock 800 out there right now...:D

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is smooth and the power is there for an 800. I haven't ridden a Poo and can't compare but I can imagine.....:)

Doug I am trying a Pro this year and really did not know what to expect. I am pleasantly surprized how powerful it is and definately makes me a better rider. I will let you try it out next time I am riding down your way. Other than the clutch, I do miss the reliability of the Doo. I havent had problems with the Pro reliability myself, its just reports from others.

Last edited:

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed a huge power gain at around 200-250 miles. Had to laugh at the first 100 miles, even the worst whiteout days in revvy you could always follow the exhaust oil trial in the snow lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Doug I am trying a Pro this year and really did not know what to expect. I am pleasantly surprized how powerful it is and definately makes me a better rider. I will let you try it out next time I am riding down your way. Other than the clutch, I do miss the reliability of the Doo. I havent had problems with the Pro reliability myself, its just reports from others.

I have a buddy on a Pro and all is good and he is quite happy with it. Another buddy is going into his 3rd driveshaft. I dont' think the Pro compares to the XMX if it is the same rider. But what doo I know!

I had a chance to ride a 2012 last year but turned it down. I have a little trouble working someone else's sled in the same manner as I work my own. Particularly, up here in the Kootenay trees, if you know what I mean.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should talk to crazy canadian he will tell you different about the power difference alot of yellow blooders on his band wagon.

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine leaves quite a trail also! glad to hear its not just mine lol
I noticed a huge power gain at around 200-250 miles. Had to laugh at the first 100 miles, even the worst whiteout days in revvy you could always follow the exhaust oil trial in the snow lol

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weird cause my buddies stick can did they same

Mine too. 80kms on it and black streak in the snow when on the throttle. Im sure it will clean up after breaking. 80kms 3/4 of a tank of oil. Cant wait for the breakin to be complete.

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its just from the extra oil and fuel being added for brake in. I notice mines a bit of a dog if I flip the throttle a bunch then go wide open theres a bit of a burble then she hits hard so I hope that cleans up once brake ins done. Currently im at 237 miles

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its just from the extra oil and fuel being added for brake in. I notice mines a bit of a dog if I flip the throttle a bunch then go wide open theres a bit of a burble then she hits hard so I hope that cleans up once brake ins done. Currently im at 237 miles

Whew! Glad it's not just Mine doing this. At 233 miles I think now. The delay before the raves open and popping and farting around 5900rpm +/- 200 is getting old!!

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya feels almost like it'll eventually foul the plugs! The delay is like ridin a 125 two stroke dirt bike! It goes away 100% though, I got to ride a broke in one and it feels the way you want it to!

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly what it is...Mine went away at about 300 miles and now after a weekend of riding my hands hurt from trying to hand on all day!

Top Bottom