New to ATV. What do I need for accessories?

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on a serious note, other then my last post, ziplock bags are your best friend for storage of anything that needs to stay completely dry. I havent found any boxes on the market that completely seal, so i pack all my stuff in ziplocks such as insurance, maps, matches, batteries, flashlight ect. Another thing i bought this year that is available form most dealers is something called a trackpack, its a small container containing several bolt, washer, and nut sizes to fit almost anything, in th event you happen to need one on the trails, since buying mine i have used it 3 times. Its defineltley worth having onboard for those emergency fixes when your far away from camp.
Good luck shopping

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
always make sure you have enough oil for a couple oil changes, it one thing that you cant neglect once you swamp your bike. i usually carry at least one 4 litre jug of oil, more if there is a bunch of us. dont say you wont sink your bike and you dont need the oil, cuz you will even when your not expecting to

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A camelback. If you dehydrate you make silly mistakes and then get hurt.

Mehoe

Reaction score
Nice looking Sportsman I always liked the yellow. Now your missing the front plastic that covers your winch. Some new tires would be good Mud Lites are good trail/mud tires. Same thing with Maxxis BigHorn 2.0's they are good trail/sand/mud tires. Mud Lites may claim there good in snow/ice they absolutely suck in the snow/ice

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say a flat pack full of fuel would be a wise idea... never know where you youll end up. We were riding the river one winter and I figured I could make it to the next town without filling up and we killed some time riding in the woods on the way and my sportsman 800 doesnt have a reserve for fuel. the machine holds 4.13 gallons and everybody else I ride with holds 5. we barely got to town and I took 4 gallons:eek:. So I pack extra fuel now.

Top Bottom