New to Arctic Cat

Firestopper

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just sold my pro and bought a 2015 M8000 162,and being new to the cat world was wonder what mods to do or not do? Spend 70% of my time in the mountains the rest just ditch banging. Been a Polaris guy for many many years so any advice is much appreciated.

thanks

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know if they have fixed the issue of getting snow into the steering components and the it freezes up. If not you should put frog skins on the 2 vents on the center of the hood.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm first I heard if this. Do you mean the adjustable riser freezing up?

No I was told it gets down into the tie rod boots and freezes. I never had it happen but I also put the frog skins on before I went to the hills. I guy on here from Prince George area told me about it last year.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a heavy duty bumper on the front. The nose cone is the air box and it would really suck to hit something and have it bust open.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a heavy duty bumper on the front. The nose cone is the air box and it would really suck to hit something and have it bust open.

If you bought a Limited....it comes with a HD bumper that even has a small skid plate protecting the bottom....

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4000kms on Sara's and we've never had this issue?

Yeah, never heard of this issue before either.

For mods, kinda depends, the Cat is a solid machine. Put some vents on it, grab a secondary kit maybe, bumper as mentioned, new skis and possibly gauge relocation for your riding style. Otherwise - add oil, pull cord and ride

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a Limited. Great bumper, but no skid plate that I have, or am aware of.

well not a full skid plate...there is already a metal skid plate under the sled....but the ltd front bumper protects front air box very well and has approx. 6" of a plate underneath the front nose.

I have a Mod Rods front bumper that I was going to use because of the under protection as well as the front air box....I may not have to install it now because I think the Cat one has similar protection

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
well not a full skid plate...there is already a metal skid plate under the sled....but the ltd front bumper protects front air box very well and has approx. 6" of a plate underneath the front nose.

I have a Mod Rods front bumper that I was going to use because of the under protection as well as the front air box....I may not have to install it now because I think the Cat one has similar protection

Nope. No plate at all. I know you can get one with a plate, but my LTD came with a tube bumper with NO plate anywhere. I think that you're thinking it comes with this bumper (black below)...

image.jpg

But, mine came with this bumper below. (NO plate anywhere)

ad4fc0d7f9b02e1a4f42e914efddb686.jpg

Last edited:

ACP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 15 Ltd. and my front bumper doesn't look anything like the black one above and it does have a plate on the bottom

Top Bottom