New Tires

bowhunter

Reaction score
Im looking into getting a new set of tires for my 4x4 3/4 ton dodge and i was looking at the new BF Goodrich Mudterrain KM2 in 35". What i was told by a couple other people with different brand mud tires is that they are all terrible in the snow and especially on ice because of their hard rubber and turn into hockey pucks. All of my driving is on gravel roads and alot of off road 4x4ing in the deep mud. Thanks for the help and any responses.

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive had wrangler mtrs, toyo mts and currently run dick cepik mud terrains and all out best is a toss up between the wranglers and the cepiks. i put 30 000 km on the wranglers before i sold the truck and they looked like the day i bought them and as for ice they were so so. The toyos were junk 35 000 km and they were toast chit on ice and noisy. The cepiks are great for digging in mud and snow, christmas eve i put my truck in the ditch and the snow was up to the top of the accent pieces on my door well i made it a good 200 feet just chewn through the snow till i found an approach. so far i have 40 000 km on them and the are about a quarter worn im quite happy with them with the exception of the noise.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you want to live get snow tires for winter and mud tires for summer as driving on hockey pucks in winter is a short trip to heaven.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YA if you have the money/ know the right people it would be very beneficial to run winter tires. Guaranteed once you try them you'll be hooked... There excellent on hard pack and ice but for plowing through a foot of fresh snow maybe not the best.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a set of goodyear a/t on my GM 3/4 ton and they seem to be excellent in the snow and grip on ice quite well. I have my doubts they would be the best for deep mud but for an allround tire they seem great. I have got about 10, 000km on them so far and can only see slight wear on the fronts, not to much noise as well.

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the new Km 2's on my ford in 35" and they are great in the summer, way less noise and much better traction than the toyos they really arent worth a chit on ice though i have about 15000k on them and they look like new.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
My supervisor gave me a ride to town last night in his company pickup on frozen muskeg,a twisty windy goat trail,then a logging road.He was driving waaaaay too fast and I was really suprised at how we stayed on the road.
BFG All Terrains on F-350.I was impressed,not only by his driving ,but the fact that we made it to town and back out this morning!
BFG-AT-TA-KO-l.jpg

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know pro comp hold up well on gravell... my bro get 60000 out of his maybe more not sure exactly.... he mostly drives gravell like 90 % of the time.... i like my toyo mts .... winter driving with toyo mt is not bad when i have my welding skid in but if i take it out they are crap on ice

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the interco truxs mud terrains have a lot of siping (sp) on them and work really good on the ice and being a m/t they are good in deep snow as well they are also fairly cheap

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had bfg at's (305/65/18), was happy with the grip but always seemed to have trouble having them balanced..not sure why, but they lasted a few years of both gravel and hwy. this fall i picked up some goodyear duratrac wranglers (325/65/18), never had any goodyears before but so far am very impressed with the grip and ride, will have to see about wear as they are "softer" (like the toyo mt's), they are studable as well.

ST1

Reaction score
We have had really good luck this year with the Dunlop Rover Maxx M/T they are the only Winter Snowflake ice rated M/T that I know of. I have put a few set on my sledding customers trucks and they are very happy with the tires.

If you have any questions feel free to give me a call at the shop 403-243-8261 or email justin@stripetech.com

Thanks,
Justin

jennepa

Reaction score
I run Bridgestone Blizzak W965 snow and ice tires on my 4x4 in winter pulling trailer with 2 sleds on truck has excellent traction in snow and ice with these tires

Last edited:

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wrangler DuraTrac is the tire I would like to try, they have the winter rating but are still agressive. I have toyo mt now and on the weekend had to pull another dodge(with deck and two sleds) out of the parking lot that had toyo a/t's that I was parked next to. I wanted to try toyo a/t's but not now. I'm running 35's on my truck and the goodyears that are close are to wide for my rims.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The dura tracks are pretty good I like the 285's on my truck the ice traction is not too bad could be better but they chew through deep snow really good, and in the mud I would rank them right beside the good year MTR;s

xrsrev

Reaction score
putting toyo m55s on next week! A bit noisy but good all around tire! just my 2 cents

aaron_m

Reaction score
I run toyo M55's as well on my dodge 3500.
Awesome tire all around, and high miler rubber (90,000k)

putting toyo m55s on next week! A bit noisy but good all around tire! just my 2 cents

Vertical Escape99

Reaction score
Im looking into getting a new set of tires for my 4x4 3/4 ton dodge and i was looking at the new BF Goodrich Mudterrain KM2 in 35". What i was told by a couple other people with different brand mud tires is that they are all terrible in the snow and especially on ice because of their hard rubber and turn into hockey pucks. All of my driving is on gravel roads and alot of off road 4x4ing in the deep mud. Thanks for the help and any responses.

I have a 3/4 ton dodge and had 35" mud terrains. They are not too bad on the ice and snow. I replaced them with 37" x 13.5" Procomp Xterrains. They are much better in the snow, ice and mud.

I hope this helps you

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have 35" pro comp mud terrain...little noisey on hiway wut frivin around town they are pretty good...hook up on ice well and chew amazing in the deep snow...they have a few thousand k on them so far and seem to be good

Top Bottom