new tires not as much poower

popoman 500

Reaction score
i out on some mud lites (26") i dont have as much poweras i used to i used to be able to pull a weelie on a little lip but know i cant:confused:

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found the same thing with my 800 HO... A clutch kit fixed that up real quick.... I can do all the wheelies I want now......

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked one up for just under a 100 bucks from a dealer in Prince Albert, Sk. Worth every penny... I know a few people who will just chance the primary spring for a higher engagement RPM... The spring is cheap from any Polaris dealer.. That may be all you need at this point and my be the cheapest for you.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clutch kit will help, but heavier tires require more power rotate. Small increases in any rotating mass robs horsepower. However with enough power the heavy tire will actually help the machine wheelie.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mudlights are heavier then stock so it robs power. i wouldn't change the spring. all that does is change the engagement. if i were you i would change the weights. thats what i have in mine. heavier weights and you have seen me wheelie mine.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought the hole kit for $250.00. it comes with a couple springs there is no point in changing because it makes the bike perform like crap.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you go to your local Polaris dealer and explain your concerns they will recommend different clutch weights for you to try. Weights are reasonably cheap... Check what clutch weights you have in there now and let your dealer know. Im quite sure they will recommend going a little heavier. One guy I know here is running 28" tires on his 500efi. and has a gold spring in the primary with 64 gram. weights and says it has made a huge improvment to his bottom end...

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to bad the dealer here is full of retards. worth a try i guess.

LOL.... Yup, Saskatoon one is too.... I found Rally in Prince Albert really good guys to deal with... Their good to deal with mail order as well...so far.....

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey popo500efi, Chech with Allan at Rec Tech 780-870-5464, He is quite knowledgable and should be able to help you

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check with the dealer they should beable to sell you the weights needed and cheeper then a clutch kit if they are a helpful dealership

Top Bottom