New T.V.'s

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
So we have finally finished our basement and i was wondering what the best or good tv.'s were .I have a 40'' sony upstairs, and looking at a 50 or 46'' for the basement ,it is going to be mounted on the wall sort of in a corner.The basement is about 750ftsq but the area in which the t.v. is going to be is about 600ftsq.Any thoughts?? THANKS:beer::beer::beer:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a Samsung " Touch of Color" It's a 52" 1080p lcd. Sitting in a 14x16 living room. I abosutley love it. I can be anywhere in my living room and have great picture from almost any angle. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Medler if you were in Edmonton I could hook you up with some deals.....

52" Sharp Aquos orrrr 52" Panasonic is what I would go with myself

E

Edmonton Avenger

Medler if you were in Edmonton I could hook you up with some deals.....

52" Sharp Aquos orrrr 52" Panasonic is what I would go with myself
what kinda deals?
if i give you some measurements, could you figure out a nice flatscreen at a descent price?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
what kinda deals?
if i give you some measurements, could you figure out a nice flatscreen at a descent price?

I'll do what I can.... Typically I just send everyone I know to a place called Double Diamond, he's got good pricing, and good warranty.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Well we could allways come up my sister lives there .Going shopping this weekend,Got the beer fridge chillin allready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
only one i would stay away form is LG, i know people who love them but also know a few that have had the same problem with screen blacking out when running components, some flow in the board for the inputs or something, i have to take mine in to have it fixed here pretty quick

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I paid $3300. 6 months ago, 1 year unconditional warrenty. If your going shopping, at least you know a price idea.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
What about the ones with the surround sound that comes with the t.v. or home theater system are they any good?I really don't need the stero as the one i have now is loud enough

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
What about the ones with the surround sound that comes with the t.v. or home theater system are they any good?I really don't need the stero as the one i have now is loud enough

i'm not a fan of the "theater in a box" type, i made the mistake of getting a surround sound that matched my tv, dont get me wrong sounds not bad but not enough choice/controll over sound, compared to the component stereo i was runnin, the yamaha's i hear are nice, polk audio makes some nice ones other than that i would pay the little extra to build your own

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go big or go home....jk i like my 46, id get samsung or panasonic lcd, All i usually buy electronic wise it panasonic but after looking at other at other tvs in future shop and cost co samsung sharp and panasonic are top 3

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Believe it or not. I went TV shopping daily for about 3 weeks, and I got the best price on my Samsung from Leons. My last TV was a Panasonic GAOO, but even the panasonic people said that that would be a hard one to beat.

I'm in complete agreence with Johndeereman. Either way you can't go wrong.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we have finally finished our basement and i was wondering what the best or good tv.'s were .I have a 40'' sony upstairs, and looking at a 50 or 46'' for the basement ,it is going to be mounted on the wall sort of in a corner.The basement is about 750ftsq but the area in which the t.v. is going to be is about 600ftsq.Any thoughts?? THANKS:beer::beer::beer:
I got a samsung LCD 42 inch from sears, It was side by side to a Sony and Samsung was by far a clearer picture. With sears you just take it back for warranty. I just had a computer screen go and the warranty chit, you pack send it away I would rather drop it local and let them ship it.

Check Consumer reports for comparason qualities and ratings.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 42" sharp aquos downstairs and a 52 " samsung up in the bonus room 20'X14'...have to agree with quadtrash on best deal is leons got mine for 2800 and also picture quality make sure its 1080p!!!.
I love my samsung, but no complaints with my sharp either .....but 10" difference, you know what they say about size.........

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, size does matter!!!!!! i've got a 46" Sharp Aquarios wall mounted in my bed room with a shelf i made above it for the components. Love the TV, it's the second one i've owned. Bought from BestBuy for $1100 if my memory serves. Here's a pic of the 40" i just replaced with the larger one on warranty.

Attachments

• 100_2464.jpg
    100_2464.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 25

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
i have a 42" sharp aquos downstairs and a 52 " samsung up in the bonus room 20'X14'...have to agree with quadtrash on best deal is leons got mine for 2800 and also picture quality make sure its 1080p!!!.
I love my samsung, but no complaints with my sharp either .....but 10" difference, you know what they say about size.........

What device do you have the outputs 1080p?

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 40" Samsung on the main flooor and a 52" Sharp in my bonus room.Both are great,all i say is watch warrenty.Samsung if a pivel is burnt out on the edge you need 4 of them before they'll replace it,Sharp you get anywhere they replace it.
I just bought the TV last weekend and was shopping around,Sharp was $2000
1080p 120hz,the Samsung with 1080p 120hz jumped to $3000.Standard TV is 60hz,there is 120 and 240hz,more hz is better for faster moving things on TV,like hockey,racing etc not as much blurr.Warrenty is what costs alot 4yr around $400
I walked outta Future Shop with a 52" Sharp,4yr warrenty,stand $2700.

If you need a hand give me a shout i know a guy that can get you a deal on stuff at Future Shop north side.

jordyanns66

Reaction score
yes, make sure you watch the specifics of the warranty! I have had some friends who didnt get their warranty because they had the tv by the window and when the guy came out to replace it, he wouldnt because it was in direct sunlight!!

On the other hand, we had a tv go, it was just over a year old. We bought it from costco. We didnt have the box or a reciept and we brought it back as is and they took it back no questions asked! in return we got a larger tv because the old one was no longer in stock and we did not have to pay extra for it.
:d

Top Bottom