New SuperGlides II Pro on my ramp.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
When I bought my flat deck out of the States, SLM used Calibre glides on the ramp. They are not the quality of the Canadian made SuperGlides as they are brittle and break in the cold. However, they are cheaper and IMHO, you get what you pay for. I have got around to replacing the Calibre glides with the new SuperClamp II Pro c/w the Edge Rail Trim Kit purchased at the Edmonton Sled Show. Just smartens up the look and will provide a little more support.

IMG_85461.jpg IMG_56391.jpg

Easy peasy install and the Trim Kit comes with self tapping screws. Dave Norona has a video on YouTube for a more professional version of the install that is worth watching. One problem that I encountered as the SLM boys ride Polaris and when my ramp was made it was to accommodate skis that were 42" OC. A minor adjustment for the 36" OC of the SkiDoo skis was required and the Edge Rail Kit helps support the outside edges.

IMG_3826.jpg IMG_3827.jpg IMG_3828.jpg

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That edge trim is the ticket. Helped me out a lot on a ramp I used to have that had unusual rung spacing. before the trim I was constantly breaking superglides and then had no issue after.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Guys on the leading edge of the ramp and deck don't forget to 45 the Edge Rail Trim. This prevents the ski carbides from catching. Then take a file to smooth up the sharp edges.

Good idea. I'll get right on that.

That is probably in the instruction sheet and my rails were not in a box with instruction and they were just wrapped in shrink wrap.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am just about to install SuperGlides on my inclosed trailer ramps. Its a cheap trailer basically the door is a steel frame with ¾ inch plywood and a hard rubber/plastic glued to the plywood. To be honestly I am putting the SuperGlides in more for people going in and out then for the sleds as the OEM rubber/plastic is holding up OK, but its a real bitch to walk up and down. Would you recommend the edge kit in this application? I was also thinking of installing Super Clamps well I am at it. I currently ratchet strap two 174' sleds in a staggered configuration as I have lots of room. (18+4 trailer) It works OK but if your hitting frost heaves at nine O its a little hard on the sled bumpers if the sled is close to the tie down. Which is the front on one sled and the back on the other in a staggered configuration as the trailer only has four tie downs. I am handy f#cker but any time I can learn from others with more experience I will take the opportunity because I am also a "little" lazy to! So thank you for your input.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're anchoring the glides into thick plywood the edge trim is not needed. The clamp anchors will be more fun though. Try to run them through a cross brace or use a large backing support. Have fun under the trailer, take a beer.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Keith, another great product from SuperClamp is this:

That strip should be easy to install on the floor and make life easy with the SuperClamps. I used straps for years and the SuperClamps (front and rear) are awesome. If you decide to use just the hooks, put a backing plate on the underside of the floor for each hook. Other than aesthetics, I don't really see the need for the edge rail kit on the door. Good luck.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I am anal about strength and durability so I think I will use the 48" track. Hopefully the OEM cross members are OK and I can pick up 3 with a 48' track.
If you're anchoring the glides into thick plywood the edge trim is not needed. The clamp anchors will be more fun though. Try to run them through a cross brace or use a large backing support. Have fun under the trailer, take a beer.

Keith, another great product from SuperClamp is this:

That strip should be easy to install on the floor and make life easy with the SuperClamps. I used straps for years and the SuperClamps (front and rear) are awesome. If you decide to use just the hooks, put a backing plate on the underside of the floor for each hook. Other than aesthetics, I don't really see the need for the edge rail kit on the door. Good luck.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I am anal about strength and durability so I think I will use the 48" track. Hopefully the OEM cross members are OK and I can pick up 3 with a 48' track.

I put the "SuperTrac" in my trailer this summer. I ran it right down the center of the two rows of SuperGlides. It went in very easy and looks great. It comes with ss hardware and I think you need to drill holes every 8". Where I didn't hit the steel underframe, I added large ss fender washers to distribute the force.

Superclamp

Reaction score
I am just about to install SuperGlides on my inclosed trailer ramps. Its a cheap trailer basically the door is a steel frame with ¾ inch plywood and a hard rubber/plastic glued to the plywood. To be honestly I am putting the SuperGlides in more for people going in and out then for the sleds as the OEM rubber/plastic is holding up OK, but its a real bitch to walk up and down. Would you recommend the edge kit in this application? I was also thinking of installing Super Clamps well I am at it. I currently ratchet strap two 174' sleds in a staggered configuration as I have lots of room. (18+4 trailer) It works OK but if your hitting frost heaves at nine O its a little hard on the sled bumpers if the sled is close to the tie down. Which is the front on one sled and the back on the other in a staggered configuration as the trailer only has four tie downs. I am handy f#cker but any time I can learn from others with more experience I will take the opportunity because I am also a "little" lazy to! So thank you for your input.

Keith if you have any question , you can call me, Randall at 403-203-2210 we are out of Calgary

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Keith if you have any question , you can call me, Randall at 403-203-2210 we are out of Calgary

This is why this is one of the best companies to work with!! You have an issue, a problem or a question, they are there for YOU!!!

You bet they are. Great guys! I'm still quite impressed with the gear hooks and broom/shovel hooks that they donated to the Fernie Snowmobile Association for the new cabin.

The guys at SuperClamp rock!

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do the superglides need to move around? I was thinking of doing my whole sled deck but not sure now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Do the superglides need to move around? I was thinking of doing my whole sled deck but not sure now?

Great idea as they prevent a lot of slipping when the decks get icy. Yes, they need to be spaced 1/4" apart as they expand and contract with the temperature. That is length wise. The holes for the self tapping screws are slotted or oblong and there is a small plastic bushing for the screws to enable the expansion. I'm sure that is evident in Norona's video.

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can they be drilled? I would need to use a hole saw to run the super clamp bracket through. Can't mount it solid? Is there another Norona video that is just for the glides not the edge trim

Top Bottom