New snowchecks already arriving!!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 1st Digit represents the country. Typical snowmobiles will have a 1 or 4 if built in the U.S. or a 2 if built in Canada. They may also start with a “J” if manufactured in Japan. - The 2nd Digit represents the snowmobile’s manufacturer. Snowmobiles made by Arctic Cat will have a “U”. Yamaha snowmobiles are represented by the letter “Y”. Polaris sleds have the letter “X” and Ski Doo uses the letter “B”.
- The 3rd Digit indicates snowmobile type or manufacturing division which can vary.
- The 4th to 8th Digits, 5 digits that represent snowmobile attributes such as body style and engine type. Contact the manufacturer for all available options by year.
- The 9th Digit is a “check digit” which does not have anything to do with the snowmobile itself. The check digit is used to ensure that the VIN is legitimate, it is determined by the value of the 8 digits in front of it.
- The 10th Digit represents your snowmobile year, here is a handy chart.
http://www.snowmobilestyle.com/images/snowmobile-year-codes.jpg
- The 11th Digit represents the assembly plant.
- The 12th to 17th digits stand for the number of units produced.
The check digit can be different but still having the last 6 digits the same

i must say......very informative post

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah but if you get a serial number that ends in 000001, doesn't that make it the first one produced of that particular variation that year?

tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 1st Digit represents the country. Typical snowmobiles will have a 1 or 4 if built in the U.S. or a 2 if built in Canada. They may also start with a “J” if manufactured in Japan. - The 2nd Digit represents the snowmobile’s manufacturer. Snowmobiles made by Arctic Cat will have a “U”. Yamaha snowmobiles are represented by the letter “Y”. Polaris sleds have the letter “X” and Ski Doo uses the letter “B”.
- The 3rd Digit indicates snowmobile type or manufacturing division which can vary.
- The 4th to 8th Digits, 5 digits that represent snowmobile attributes such as body style and engine type. Contact the manufacturer for all available options by year.
- The 9th Digit is a “check digit” which does not have anything to do with the snowmobile itself. The check digit is used to ensure that the VIN is legitimate, it is determined by the value of the 8 digits in front of it.
- The 10th Digit represents your snowmobile year, here is a handy chart.
http://www.snowmobilestyle.com/images/snowmobile-year-codes.jpg
- The 11th Digit represents the assembly plant.
- The 12th to 17th digits stand for the number of units produced.
The check digit can be different but still having the last 6 digits the same

Thx man learned something new!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
On that particular "model/variation" , yes..... Just like automotive serial #'s they're the same 17 digits, and it is a universal formula

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, what designates dealer X to get a shipment of sleds first or before dealer Y? Is it who ordered first? Sales volume? Slipping the CEO of BRP a wad of Canadian Tire money?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I'm curious, what designates dealer X to get a shipment of sleds first or before dealer Y? Is it who ordered first? Sales volume? Slipping the CEO of BRP a wad of Canadian Tire money?

They keep it fair.. Say one sold 100 they might get ten... If one sold 300 they might get 30... This really only matters in the first week lol. Now it's getting them built and out!

Last edited:

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did any of T-team's customers get their sleds yet? Hope you're calling him daily to check.

Not yet. I've been in the states all week on training. Maybe when I turn my phone back onto the network I'll get a voicemail saying it's in?:) That would be pretty sweet!

Top Bottom