New Snow Bike Deck loading system

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just on the Marathon Truck Boss web site and noticed they have just come out with a new snow bike loading system designed for their decks...its called the Flexxloader Sno-Bike...looks pretty slick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5cISoKitPk

I already have the Truck Boss deck with winch and their Smart Boxx...both are really top notch quality...if I ever get a snow bike this would be the ticket for easy loading.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's definitely the best system I have seen so far and nice that it's compatible with a system that most already have.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't you need lights on the back of the ramps with that overhang?

Sledding Season Can't Come Soon Enough....

I believe in BC that anything projecting more than 1.2 Metres beyond the rear of the vehicle requires a red flag during the day and a red light at night, although I wouldn't bet my life on those numbers.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe in BC that anything projecting more than 1.2 Metres beyond the rear of the vehicle requires a red flag during the day and a red light at night, although I wouldn't bet my life on those numbers.
Correct 1.2m from the bumper. Anything over that requires a flag during the day and a red light at night. Total length of the vehicle must not exceed 12.5m.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I thought it was 1.4, but you're correct. I just found it.

(2) A vehicle on a highway must not carry a load or have an integral part of the vehicle which projects more than 1.2 m to the rear of the load-deck or body of the vehicle unless,
(a) during the time specified in section 4.01, the extreme tip of the projection is lighted with a lamp that is capable of displaying only red light visible from a distance of 150 m to the rear of the vehicle, and
(b) at any time other than that specified in section 4.01, a red flag or cloth that complies with section 8.05 (c) of the Commercial Transport Regulations and which is visible to the driver of a vehicle to the rear is attached to the extreme tip of the projection.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Thats a wicked overhang.
It would sure do deadly damage to a truck (people) behind if there ever a rear end collision.....Makes me shiver when I see these kinds of things.

Hence the reasons I never follow too close to logging trucks, pipeline trucks etc...
Just my safety officer risk assessment coming out LOL.

Did anyone notice a roller on the end of the deck where the winch line contacts it?

There would definitely be a wear point into the aluminium deck with the steel braided cable.

Guess a person could put a piece of U metal and put some pins through when loading and unloading to prevent wear.

Much safer loading of these units I must say. Takes falling off the side of deck totally out of the picture... Good job!

Last edited:

Husaberg76

Reaction score
I've just added 2 strips wide of superglides down the middle,full lenght of the ramp on my full lotus deck. Havent tried it yet, but im sure i'll eventually find the confidence of riding my bike up without walking it. I'll keep you posted. Might end up being a bloopers video.��

Last edited:

Husaberg76

Reaction score
Drove my snowbike right on the ramps . No problem . 120$ for a box of superglides right down the middle . Works great

HILCLMR

Reaction score
I always thought that if I was going to use a deck that this would be the way I went, get rid of the ramp all together, use an electric winch and just use a lift like this to hoist the bikes up. More cargo room under the deck, can have a manual back-up if needed and easy to load unload.

wmsledbeast-(1).jpg

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove my snowbike right on the ramps . No problem . 120$ for a box of superglides right down the middle . Works great

Snow bikes might be different, but I had a Snow Hawk for 3 or 4 years and I can tell you this...there's no way I would ride the Hawk up a ramp onto a deck. The ski had theses deadly little tracker thingamajiggys that were mounted on the sides of the skis...guaranteed to catch on something while going up the ramp and ending with something U-Tube worthy.

You're a brave man...keep the cameras rolling. :)

Last edited:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow bikes might be different, but I had a Snow Hawk for 3 or 4 years and I can tell you this...there's no way I would ride the Hawk up a ramp onto a deck. The ski had theses deadly little tracker thingamagiggys that were mounted on the sides of the skis...guaranteed to catch on something while going up the ramp and ending with something U-Tube worthy.

You're a brave man...keep the cameras rolling. :)

Yep, loading that fawking thing was what I hated the most about my Snow Hawk. I never tried loading it on a deck...I had enough grief running it on a trailer.

Husaberg76

Reaction score
Snowbikes seem to be sitting lower then most snowhawks. Making it easier to put your feet down while loading it. And its way lighter. I found that driving up the ramp is quick and simple. Not much concern of falling over since its 4 feet wide, and if i loose balance, i have the option of putting a foot down .

Husaberg76

Reaction score
Ramps are 10.5'. As for bike weight? Good question. I'd say close to 260-280lbs?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never been more scared ****less than riding my bike up a ramp to a snowmobile deck. I will keep it to the pickup bed.

I am trying to fab something that will just cover the fender wells to give me a flat surface.. So only about a foot higher than the bed of the pickup

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never been more scared ****less than riding my bike up a ramp to a snowmobile deck. I will keep it to the pickup bed.

I am trying to fab something that will just cover the fender wells to give me a flat surface.. So only about a foot higher than the bed of the pickup
i have been thinking of doing something like this so that the ramp can sit under in the lower part and can bring both sled and bike or just two bikes or whatever.

Going to be using a Titan triple fold ramp 7' and a long box truck

Top Bottom