new sled help please

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so i am now in the market for a sled again...i am not real sure on what i want other then rider forward, 151" track or biggar and 700 or larger engine size...i would like to know what sled i should get...arctic cat m7, m8 ski-doo summit 800 or polaris rmk...any help is appreciated thanks

94fordguy

ok so i am now in the market for a sled again...i am not real sure on what i want other then rider forward, 151" track or biggar and 700 or larger engine size...i would like to know what sled i should get...arctic cat m7, m8 ski-doo summit 800 or polaris rmk...any help is appreciated thanks

Just depends what you like and what you are use to... if you like Cat, an M7 or M8 are both decent sleds from what I have heard... If you like Polaris, the 700 RMK or Dragon are very good sleds. Cant help ya with Doo... never really did much research on them and dont have one in the group:beer:

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well last winter i was ridin a 99 summit 600 but i have rid them all and i like them all just not sure what one to go for

94fordguy

well last winter i was ridin a 99 summit 600 but i have rid them all and i like them all just not sure what one to go for

coming off a ZX, the M series Cats would probably feel more familiar to you as I have an Edge and have ridden an M, IQ, and IQ RAW. The M sits slightly lower than the IQs and would be easier to learn in that respect, but I really like the light feel of the Raw and the 700 is a bulletproof motor.... Up to you, they are all decent sleds...

Something else to consider, the Polaris 700 has been around and largely unchanged for a long time (with the exception of the 2006 700) I think that tells ya something;):beer:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i owned alot of sleds and the arctic cat m sleds u cant go wrong with i would get an m8 u can get a new 08 m8 for around $9000 or less right now great deals on carry over sleds i have rode an 09 xp skidoo 163 and i feel there really dart on the trails and the dragon 800 i seen 5 broke down on the trail up to renshaw with all the same problem the front end falls apart and for the m they are just a great over all sled for around here well thats my 2 cents :d

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard some great things about the 07 and newer M7 and M8s. I've been shopping around the past couple of months looking for that Summer bargain and there seems to be a ton of M7s and M8s for sale. Quite a few with low miles.(WHY?) That worried me a bit. Almost as many of these for sale as the new Phazer MTX. I know from personal experience why there are so many of those for sale.(POS) I've personally never been on a Cat so I can't make an "educated" comment. In January I bought an 04 800 Rev HO 159" with 800 miles on it from a guy I knew. No mods except for a can and I love it. Only complaint, it steers a bit heavy on the trails. Liked it so much I just bought the wife a 2007 Summit 600 HO SDI. In all honesty I was really looking for an 07 or newer RMK 600 IQ. Rode my buddy's a couple of times last year and easily the nicest ride I've ever been on. Tons of power. Maneuverable and telepathic handling in the powder and hill climbing. Problem being there aren't too many for sale around here and the odd one you can find that someone wants to part with, they're asking big money! My first choice is Polaris. Second, Ski-doo and then Cat. But that's just me.;) Have fun shopping :beer:

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
coming off a ZX, the M series Cats would probably feel more familiar to you as I have an Edge and have ridden an M, IQ, and IQ RAW. The M sits slightly lower than the IQs and would be easier to learn in that respect, but I really like the light feel of the Raw and the 700 is a bulletproof motor.... Up to you, they are all decent sleds...

Something else to consider, the Polaris 700 has been around and largely unchanged for a long time (with the exception of the 2006 700) I think that tells ya something;):beer:

Like he said. If you are departing a 1999 ZX chasis then artic cat has the next least advanced chasis. If you want new go for the Rev XP.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well im not a big fan of polaris myslef or yamaha so it is a toss up between summit 800 or m8,m7? not sure...

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I've only had doo's and have gone thru a number of different chassis over the years. Now I'm on a 800XP and love it!! :beer::d:beer:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We were in Fox Creek late last year and had 2 M8's and a 09 xp and we all took them for a rip and I hate to say it but the M8 won that battle hands down but that was flat land stuff and no hillclimbing allthough the snow was waist deep!
catmando!

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have tried them all...Polaris well if you like paying for a heli to get it back to parking lot then that is your best choice...xp if you like replacing belts on a regular basis...if ya want to just put gas and oil in the thing then you should consider a cat!!! Plus they have a great warranty and are a super nice ride!

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
We were in Fox Creek late last year and had 2 M8's and a 09 xp and we all took them for a rip and I hate to say it but the M8 won that battle hands down but that was flat land stuff and no hillclimbing allthough the snow was waist deep!
catmando!

The riding style is quite different on an XP but once you've fiqured it out ....they're tough to beat. Definitely took me a few outings and playing around with suspension and stabilizers etc. :beer::d:beer:
Mines also not quite stock!:cool:

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't say enough about the xp chassis and as for adjusting to the different ride...one good hard day of sledding and you'll have it figured out. And once you do...you will really appreciate the maneuverability!. I have an 07 adrenaline 151 and do wish I had gone with the bigger track length. Some of my buddies have 08's 163, and those things rock.:cool:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

well being a dealer of cat and yamaha, i can hook u up with either,, had a 07 m1 loved it, there pretty nice, althought the new m8 is 162 hp out of the box.. so ... just bought a new one from cat, new 08 141 efi, lime, $ 8000.00 plus pdi 300 plus tax... just out of the box.. also crazy deal on some new 900 big twin, 151 & 159. efi new in box 6 k... let me know if ur interested or if u have any questions i would be more than happy to help u out..any way i can regardless if ur buying from me or not...

grab the summer deals and run....

Terry

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well being a dealer of cat and yamaha, i can hook u up with either,, had a 07 m1 loved it, there pretty nice, althought the new m8 is 162 hp out of the box.. so ... just bought a new one from cat, new 08 141 efi, lime, $ 8000.00 plus pdi 300 plus tax... just out of the box.. also crazy deal on some new 900 big twin, 151 & 159. efi new in box 6 k... let me know if ur interested or if u have any questions i would be more than happy to help u out..any way i can regardless if ur buying from me or not...

grab the summer deals and run....

Terry

Wow, some really good deals there, making me think... Let me know if you get any deals on 09 M8's

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a weekend that we ended up renting an 09 m8 153, 09 dragon 155 and a 09 154 xp, myself being on an zx I felt more comfortable on the M8, I've rode the polaris 800 155 several times and once it's set up it works well, the 700 dragon works well also. Not a big fan of the xp thou. Felt disposable to me and hard on belts, the one we rented had 10 km's on it and at 60km the belt disengrated. The one sled I did like was an 06 summit 800had a 156 track on it and felt comfortable. Just remember that all sleds are going to have some type of issue with them, they all still work well. What one person thinks is a great sled, their riding partners may not think the same.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 09 XP 800 154,700 miles on her this spring no belt trouble yet so far so good,did take me afew rides to get comfy with the stance but now I love the rider stance.My riding partner has the M8 08 I think its a great ride to so either or I would say youd be happy.

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
catmando!

I find that hard to believe.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would anybody know where i could find a m7 153 or 162 or whatever the lenghts are with lower miles for a decent price? or even an m8 would work

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, some really good deals there, making me think... Let me know if you get any deals on 09 M8's

ill keep u apprised, after i saw the pricing onthe 2010's i snagged up 12 2009 m8 snopro"sss:d:d:d bound to be some big rebates coming up on them...

Terry

Hows the kq, josh?

Last edited:
Top Bottom