New sled found a nice rock

Ianhcr800

Reaction score
Well.. Haven't owned my new to me 09xp for 24 hours and I hit a nice rock. Bent the s module , left lower a arm, and some other stuff. With a crowbar and a few buddies we bent the s module back and threw some bolts back into the top frame where it attaches to each other (not sure what its actually called) bent the a arm back just for now ( brp wants about 190 bucks for a new a arm) I just ordered all 4 holz a arms (280 bucks) can't go wrong there. I noticed my left shock seems to bottom out very easy. Any way I can fix that? Anyway il try and post a few pics of the carnage oh and is it a common thing to bend the s module? Seems for what it felt like it bent pretty easy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 330
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 326

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it don't take much to bend stuff. problem with aftermarket is if ya bend or break a part ya sit till ya get another one.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sucks to hear that. I got an a-arm if you need one.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well.. Haven't owned my new to me 09xp for 24 hours and I hit a nice rock. Bent the s module , left lower a arm, and some other stuff. With a crowbar and a few buddies we bent the s module back and threw some bolts back into the top frame where it attaches to each other (not sure what its actually called) bent the a arm back just for now ( brp wants about 190 bucks for a new a arm) I just ordered all 4 holz a arms (280 bucks) can't go wrong there. I noticed my left shock seems to bottom out very easy. Any way I can fix that? Anyway il try and post a few pics of the carnage oh and is it a common thing to bend the s module? Seems for what it felt like it bent pretty easy
My nytro used to bend sub frames super easy. The xp and xm can also bend pretty easy depending on how you hit. I've seen the new cats hit some big ch!t and take it. One guy I ride with hit a stump on a m1100 and twisted his bar riser but yet never bent anything else.

Ianhcr800

Reaction score
it don't take much to bend stuff. problem with aftermarket is if ya bend or break a part ya sit till ya get another one.

True i straightened the one a arm to do for now, but now if I do bend the holz ones i will have these as a spare to get me around till I can get a new aftermarket one.

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive seen two cats get towed off the hill with broken a-arms in the same way from rocks. doesnt take much to bend or snap any ride

fox68sd

Reaction score
crappy im in the same boat a couple of inches over on the trail and BAM ,third ride on new s36 front end .too bad holz doesn't make a 36 inch front a arm kit.the states sells the a-arm for $130 but us Canadians get to pay $190 hmmmm

Ianhcr800

Reaction score
Yeah to bad they don't. I think there 40,41,42 is the widths you can go with the holz with moving the spacers . I won't have a problem with the extra width I don't think. My old sled was a 2010 hcr which I think was like 43 wide. I'm so glad I made the switch. This sled is way better I feel. Even side hills are a breeze. I'm 150 pounds and I can throw it around just fine.

Top Bottom