new sled, few issues. need some pointers!

thisautoguy

Reaction score
hey all, so i am completely new here and also to ski-doo. so please be gentle! but here's the story. i just bought the 2004 summit 800 151" rev, and there were a few small issues.

1- it is a pita to start cold...we are talking 20 to 30 pulls. (choke up, NOI plug on, run button pulled out)

2- the electronic start on it does not work, and i'm not sure where to begin looking...

3- the brake light switch is broken off at the lever. (is this replaceable or do i have to get a new lever?)

other than that, it runs strong, and sounds healthy. just dont know where to troubleshoot the above issues.
thank you everyone in advance for you input and advice!

Last edited:

thisautoguy

Reaction score
doing some reading, maybe the tether? it has the dess system on it, and when i got it running last night, i did beep at me 2x but then ran fine?

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The. Brake lever switch is replacable it just screws out of the levr and the wire plugs in. Electric start can be several issues such as blown fuse, bad battery, failed relay or solenoid, bad connection or worn out sstarter. ,ot starting easy would lead me to say the fuel is loosing prime due to poor seal on a fuel line, leak in fuelpump or carb , or the carbs are dirty and it don't want to draw fuel through the pilot jets. This is where I would start, pulling plugs and putting a oz of fuel down each hole and reinstalling. If it fires first pull it a lack of fuel issue

thisautoguy

Reaction score
i also just poured a little gas right into the intake, fired right up first pull...if i remove the air box, that should give a clear view of most all of the fuel line right? sorry for all the questions, just have not worked on a carb setup in ages and not sure where everything is on these sleds yet...

Last edited:
Top Bottom