new skid plate

farmboy020

Reaction score
Hey guys. Im putting a new skid plate on my quad and it will be alot easier to do it on end or on it side. It is all custom so it will take me a bit. I was wondering if any one has had one on their side and has any fluid leak into other spots or anything. Im wondering if i shut off my fuel i will be fine or if i need to drain my oil to. Thanks guys

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Im putting a new skid plate on my quad and it will be alot easier to do it on end or on it side. It is all custom so it will take me a bit. I was wondering if any one has had one on their side and has any fluid leak into other spots or anything. Im wondering if i shut off my fuel i will be fine or if i need to drain my oil to. Thanks guys

just shut off your fuel and you should be good to turn it over. I have done this on my Brute and on mom's 450 Grizzly and have never had anything leak. I found on the Brute on the side was the easiest way to deal with the skids.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we always use the winch around a truss and up she goes....if your worried about the strength of your trusses then a 2x6 or something across a few trusses to spread the weight out abit

Top Bottom