New Secondary on 2013 1100T

Ekim

Reaction score
First ride on new updated clutch. Shredded my belt...Rode 54 miles of trail at 3500' to 6500'. 12" to 36" of fresh snow. New clutch was supposed to be a fix??? Belt was properly broken in at the end of last year. Has anyone else got miles on their new updated clutch? Are they working? What is everyone finding? Thanks. Hope this is enough info.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Havnt gotten a call from dealer yet for my 800. Did get it ordered up a while ago now though.... Hopefully this was a isolated incident....was your sled a belt burner before the update?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it ok to break a belt in on a different clutch? Are there different wear characteristics between different clutches?

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
There is a good chance the belt was already compromised from the old setup. I would say double check the clutch alignment and try a new belt before condemning the new clutch.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few questions came to mind....

Have you had issues with the primary before? Any marking, sticking etc.? Has the primary been replaced with a newer unit? I'm assuming this an M series....Are you running stock gearing?Any added venting? Alignment and offset correct?

dopey333

Reaction score
Will be testing mine this weekend on my 2013 1100t hoping everything works fine my sled went through 2 belts in 600 miles so idk if that's considered a belt blower but I hope not I got the evo cold air and a straight pipe and rov kit so I guess we will find out

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be testing mine this weekend on my 2013 1100t hoping everything works fine my sled went through 2 belts in 600 miles so idk if that's considered a belt blower but I hope not I got the evo cold air and a straight pipe and rov kit so I guess we will find out
That's the definition of belt blower......hope it works well.....got a buddy trying the same next weekend

Ekim

Reaction score
My sled had toasted 3 belts in 480 miles. Yes a belt burner. I had broke the belt in with the old clutch so????? Upgrades include hood vents, side vents, intake and can. No gearing changes. Hopefully everyone else has better luck. Alignment was check last year with old clutch. But will be checked again before next ride. Thanks for the updates.

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
Not to be the bearer of bad news but the guys that have been working on this problem last winter (like me) sold team clutches as part of the solution. It solved 80% of the belt blowers we saw. If the Team wasn't a 100% then there is no way the '14 clutch will be either. I also had Team, jackshaft and engine braces on belt blowers that made it better but not fixed. Only thing left is for one of the TCL delete kits IMO.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There have been plenty whom tested the TEAM with far less success. Cat seems to think it's in the secondary alone, but many of us think there is much more going on.

Fruit Loops

Reaction score
I got a belt blower to and I went in and got the clutches lined up and all was good for another 250 miles then boom. Taken it back in to the shop and check the clutches and they are still good, What I am thinking is that the motor mounts are to soft and there is to much flex when u get some torque on them. There for your belt is not running true and u get heat and ka boom. I am getting the EVO Stage 3 Kit on my sled, No more pis$ing around. Cat is just putting a bandaid on the problem. Dont hold your breath that the new clutch is going to fix your problems people.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a cheap band aid that no one has really said much about

OSP also has one couldn't find it on their site
has anyone tried this and did it help any?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Floating has helped a few. Many in the East jumped on this last season. Didn't hear a lot of feedback and certainly wasn't "the" fix. I have one but have not tested yet. I think there is just too much going on for one single thing to be the fix.....but if it helps.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've done motor mounts and 2012 ones were mush. Replaced with neoprene adjustable ones. Had a Cat mech adjust it for parallelism. Required an adjustable engine stopper to push things into line(amount of movement required to square up was significant). Have a jackshaft brace and knee vents also this season and can say clutches are way cooler now. Have quit running the XS 809 belt and can run Cat belt with good clutch temps still(haven't gotten an updated secondary yet). Going to spend the $100 for float conversion, should give things an added chance of functioning correctly (more gooder). Now if a stock jackshaft will stay together...

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a belt blower. 7 belts in a 1000 kms. With help from JustBoostIt & BDF#900, I'm starting to get some confidence in my cat. Jack shaft support, engine stopper and a CPC torsional kit on the secondary have resulted in no more blown belts as well as improved throttle response from the lighting fast shifting. The finned clutch update is only going to lower belt temps further.

Top Bottom