New Places 2 Quad 4 May Long

xrsrev

Reaction score
Just looking for a few new places to quad on may long that arent as crowded as vega, brazeau, robb and rocky! Bought a new travel trailer and love to bush camp! Just want 2 explore alberta a bit more and enjoy quadding without the crowds! We love going with a group of ten or so and exploring! Any suggestions?

xrsrev

Reaction score
where the heck is cutoff creek? Directions or coordinates would be very appreciated!

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
Head SW of Rocky on #752 to T @ Forestry Trunk RD,,,,,,,,, turn left,,,,,, aprox. 10 km to turn off to Cutoff crk. there is also camping @ Seven mile just past the turn off,,,,, not sure if you can quad from the campsite but there are trails all over,,,,,,,, Clearwater is near and may or maynot be able to cross it there??? We had floaters in the fall, but it is lacking water all over around here these days.

JimmyFlynt

Reaction score
we have done camping and riding around seven mile area lots.. random camping all over and its big enough you hardly run into people even on long weekends.. that i have found anyways.

Last May Long we went to Cadomin - tried getting to a different area up the mounatin but the road was blocked by snow at the C. Divide. didnt run into to to many people there.

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im goin to fishlakes for may long weekend. lots of camping, skeg and trails. gonna be ten of us or so, so if you wanna join us theres fishing, camping, boating(if you bring a little boat), and some odd colored liquids may be consumed:beer:

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A great place i go every year to is THE BLACKSTONE GAP just northwest of Nordegg...never crowded..good free camping by the river and lots of trails

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looking for a few new places to quad on may long that arent as crowded as vega, brazeau, robb and rocky! Bought a new travel trailer and love to bush camp! Just want 2 explore alberta a bit more and enjoy quadding without the crowds! We love going with a group of ten or so and exploring! Any suggestions?
What kind of riding are ya looking for and what do ya ride ??

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to Nordegg....1 km up the hi way is Forestry truck road(734)...take a right....drive about 10 km till you see a sign that says Blackstone campground....turn left...follow that road to the t intersection...turn right...drive about 4 or 5 km till you hit the blue bridge...all kinds of "free" camping rite there.....
As for trails i can ride all day and never hit the same trail...one run i do takes about 6 to 7 hours and you go up and over 4 really big foothills with some really nice climbs and lots of mud...about 50 km..
i going there on may long w-end myself..last year i was there in may long w-end and there was allot of snow but i think this year there wont be as much

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
Is the road into Chungo/Blackstone still closed??? was the last time I was up that way...... Had to use the Weyerhauser road to go in and out of there. Just a note that the blackstone river out at the gap is as far as you can go with OHV's. The Blackstone/Wapiabi FLUZ is a no machine zone. But it is signed if I remember.

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah it was closed last time i was there too...but you can take the Weyerhauser road...they moved the campground signs to that turn off
you can ride out to the gap and go no futher..true but there is tons of riding from the blue bridge to the gap...ive mapped about 100km on my gps of trials so far and i know i haven't been everywhere yet

Last edited:

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
I've only sledded on and south of the blackstone,,,, nice country,,,,,, I think the scenery is too nice for my buddy I was ridding with as he ran into my sled twice that day,,,, still have the war wounds on the back of my sled!!!!

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So safari guy...how is the snow up there this year . last year i seen snow well into june around blackstone

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
was out at nordegg on friday stomping around in 5" of new snow,,,,,,,,, heard it was hit again the other day,,,,, so up in there there may be even more right now, I never got sledding in there this winter,,,,,,,,, was mainly around Prairie and Ranger Creek.

Top Bottom