New phone

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to get a new phone for the wife. She currently has a i-phone se but it's approx 5 years old. We are on Virgin at a monthly charge of $58. My son says to get a new SE second generation. The best monthly cost is $75.00 with 5 GB of data. I called Telus but they are approx. $25 more per month. These new phones are sure pricey.

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huawei
Just kidding
I run Samsung. Last 3 phones.
Current is an a70 and very happy with it

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Huawei and plan on dumping it as soon as the 2 years is up
I take it that its garbage.
I almost did get one. But figured it would be slow with it talking to its homeland.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a I phone X

Really like it.

I just buy the phone. Don’t do the plan payment thing

Last edited:

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to get a new phone for the wife. She currently has a i-phone se but it's approx 5 years old. We are on Virgin at a monthly charge of $58. My son says to get a new SE second generation. The best monthly cost is $75.00 with 5 GB of data. I called Telus but they are approx. $25 more per month. These new phones are sure pricey.

Telus owned -Public Mobile and Koodo give the exact same service areas and towers as Telus , but much better monthly rates(No contract or hidden fees). Most of my friends have a $40/month (without any other added or changed fees) plans. Monthly Rate goes down 1 buck a month for every year. But you must supply your own phone. I use them both.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at a Google Pixel. I've had the first version for 3 years now. And my fiance got rid of her Samsung S8 for the Pixel 4.

The Pixel has some of the best cameras and image processing available in a phone. And they run on the android OS. I don't care for IOS at all, even though my company phones for the last 4 years have been apple products. I find Android much more user friendly, and more versatile. Google also gives you unlimited storage with it for free on the cloud. My entire phone is backed up so should I break it or loose it I still have access to all my data. It also makes it easy to get all my photos and videos transferred to my computer.

If cost is more of a concern the Pixel 3a is $550 and still has a lot of features.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Telus owned -Public Mobile and Koodo give the exact same service areas and towers as Telus , but much better monthly rates(No contract or hidden fees). Most of my friends have a $40/month (without any other added or changed fees) plans. Monthly Rate goes down 1 buck a month for every year. But you must supply your own phone. I use them both.

I have accounts with both as well for the wife and kids. I make the kids buy their own phones and I pay the monthly bills.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just sighed daughter up with Public Mobile. Super cheap. As mentioned, Telus owned.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy a phone outright to keep a good plan. My wife does this, just got her the Samsung A51 and she loves it. $400 on amazon

Indy245

Reaction score
Bought my iPhone outright - yes they are pricey but I keep mine for a few years before I upgrade. $75/month 20gb data - unlimited after 20gb but slowed down a lot. Unlimited everything else I believe.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when I check out the cost to buy a phone outright compared to adding it to my monthly charge its works out the same. Even costco is only $15. less which isn't much. Virgin so far is the best price for the monthly data plans

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once and a while you can catch a deal paying for a phone on your monthly bill. My fiance's phone would have been $1000 to buy outright, the cost of the phone payment works out to $563 over the 2 year payment plan, was a no-brainer to just add it to the phone plan she had anyway.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New I phones are not cheap.

Top Bottom