New pet

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Got a new pet, It's a British shorthair male kitten, 3 months old. It's first night home, picked him up at the airport in calgary, he came from the breeder in Quebec. He's purring away, little bit scared being the first time away from his mommy.

When it gets bigger it will look similar to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good.

Does he like Arctic Cat's

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is a cat like that worth, with shipping and handling?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Contract says indoor only cat. And yes they are very pricy. Average around 1400 plus freight, don't think I'll be letting this out, maybe on the deck with a harness that's it.
I think we're on snowball VIII now.

latest

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't get it. Its a cat. I got a short hair cat. I think its in-bread and walks funny and is mostly stupid. I could sell it to you for $800
Agreed, we have animal shelters full of free cats....

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No kidding, to much wealth in this country when you are spending that kind of cash on a cat.
Might need a diamond purse to carry it around in.....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure he could adopt a friend for his new cat but it's his money. There are also many dogs in shelters as well that could use good home's.

SPCA and shelters are starting to get expensive to "save" an animal. we've got our last few kittens from a shelter and the last one cost $160...only to be eaten by a coyote six months later (RIP Rex). my 13 y/o outside retriever (he was a rescue, and the best fawking animal I've ever called my friend) passed away at the end of January and the 'yoties are moving closer to the house, so I started looking for a replacement this spring.

kept checking the SPCA and local shelters and the prices are getting stupid to adopt an animal. from $250-$400 for a rescue, and you can only get them after they have been spayed/neutered and chipped. I wanted an intact male for an outside dog as I believe (tho some disagree) they maintain a higher degree of vigilance and defensive behaviour as opposed to a dog that has lost his balls. some of the shelters I visited in my area were flat out disappointing and bordering on abusive/inhumane conditions.

I found my new best friend, and he wasn't a rescue but from a farm. hoping he turns out to be half the farm dog that my Kelso was.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my 2 kittens from S.CA.R.S. and yah, hey are not cheap anymore I got mine as a bonded pair so they were $100 cheaper that way. But when you sit and figure out the cost to have the firt check-up, first shots, spay/neuter and micro-chipping it works out quite a bit cheaper going through the shelters.
Definitely a great looking kitten you have though, need to get it a friend to play with now.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I do have pet allergies, and am affected by regular cats or dogs. I did a lot of research before ordering this one. Otherwise I would of got one from the spca as well. You do pay a lot more for purebred animals. Some cats or dogs cost thousands.
These cats have a few traits that I was looking for.

Minimum of maintenance
No seasonal shedding, nor hairballs
Very intelligent, educated, good temperament
Easily adapt to your habits
Share their love with all family members and other animals
Do not need to be declawed
Anti-allergen (remarquable number of examples, but depends on the level of your allergy)
And many other advantages...

This is what made my decision and my parents bought it as a housewarming present. I couldn't afford to spend that.
The thing was playing all night yesterday, lots of energy.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a very cute looking cat! I get a lot of slack from people when tell them I am a cat guy lol!

Had a scare last night my cat got out and ran, lost him for almost 2 hrs out side at 3:00am. Nothing like driving all night and then end up wondering around the neighbourhood for 2hrd calling the cat lol. Tired at work today.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do have pet allergies, and am affected by regular cats or dogs. I did a lot of research before ordering this one. Otherwise I would of got one from the spca as well. You do pay a lot more for purebred animals. Some cats or dogs cost thousands.

Minimum of maintenance
Anti-allergen (remarquable number of examples, but depends on the level of your allergy)

This is what made my decision and my parents bought it as a housewarming present. I couldn't afford to spend that.

Well at least you know you won't have to pay to send it to college some day.

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Minimum of maintenance

Ya most of us have spent alot more than that on dogs my great Dane was 2k and my hunting pups were usually in the 1500 range so can't say much some people need cats some need dogs who cares what ya spend as long as it keeps ya happy

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom