New member from Squamish

fishprowler

Reaction score
Hey guys I posted in the introductions section about a month back, but thought I should post in this section too, might have more luck meeting locals. I moved to Squamish from the Okanagan a few months back with my wife and son, and am looking to make some sledding buddies (and just friends in general). I'm a bit of a newb to sledding as I only started riding last season on an 03 skidoo, but I just recently bought a 2010 XP and am really looking forward to learning a lot this year. I used to be a very avid skier so I'm no stranger to snow. I'll be 31 next month, I'm a pretty easy going guy, and I love good beer. Let me know if you want to grab one :beer:

pinkpantherusmincus

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey bud,

there is a huge sled community in the sea to sky, though this being said there isn't too much organized by sledders in terms of group rides through the forum. there are a few events each year that gets most people out.... there is going to be an agm of all the clubs in the near future to discuss the sea to sky pass (will start topic in a new thread), prob the best way to meet people. Also get in touch with no limits motorsports, they are good guys to know!

Pinky

Donegal-BCSF

Reaction score
Website
www.bcsf.org
I would recommend joining one of the clubs in the Sea-to-Sky (Black Tusk (Squamish), Powder Mountain (Whistler) or the Pemberton Club). It is always a great way to meet a riding buddy and get out with other people that love to snowmobile. It will be amazing riding in the sea to sky.

fishprowler

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I am going to join the Black Tusk club, I'll get in touch with them to figure out the particulars.

hivoltagesledhead

Reaction score
I have a lot of friends in Squamish and most of them are avid members of the BTSC. PM me and I will drop some names for you to hook up with. Brohm Ridge is a great starter hill with trees, easy to difficult riding and some good pokes. Its a bit small but a great place for you (and the family)to spend a weekend and ride with some great guys.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of friends in Squamish and most of them are avid members of the BTSC. PM me and I will drop some names for you to hook up with. Brohm Ridge is a great starter hill with trees, easy to difficult riding and some good pokes. Its a bit small but a great place for you (and the family)to spend a weekend and ride with some great guys.

brohm ridge is definitely not small ;) just not easy to get to the fun bits

your best bet is to join the club .. having access to the cabin alone is worth the price of admission ! I live in Squamish and am a club member .. I ride lots! I'm sure we'll cross paths come winter

if you haven't done your avalanche course, look up the one at the black tusk club . happens in January and it's a great course and a good time! It'll be a great place to meet new riders and make friends. Or just come to a club meeting . go to btsc.ca and sign up for the email list!

cheers

hivoltagesledhead

Reaction score
Well if you compare it to everything else in the area, it is small, I found it small. I used to live there too and was an avid club member. Spent many nights in the cabins and New Years Parties there, but your right, access to the cabin is awesome and worth the membership. The club prez and his team and the local boys are awesome guys and will go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Join the club...its one of the best. Go to Barry's Peak....its the best view in the valley......RIP Barry....you are always missed my friend !!

unimog

Reaction score
Do you work monday to friday? I'm always looking to go with someone during the week as I work 28 on 28 off. I ski as well.

davedc

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you guys, bought my sled today! A 2013 Summit XM! :d. I'm a very strong skiier and have taken the avi course and have all the gear...
I'm also quite new to sleds. I went a few times last year and am looking to ride as much as possible this year.
I live in Vancouver, but the sled will likely be stored at Whistler (or my truck when necessary).
I work Monday-Friday (and sometimes Saturday).

It's great to know that I'm not the only one already excited for the snow!

fishprowler

Reaction score
I live in Squamish and am a club member .. I ride lots! I'm sure we'll cross paths come winter

Sounds great .... hope to meet you at some point. I am signed up for the email list, have been for months but nothing has come through. Hoping to get to the next meeting, whenever that may be!

Pretty happy to see some snow up there now!

kuhdazzle

Reaction score
Hey I saw your post and wanted to shout out! I moved to burnaby from the cariboo and have yet to meet any sledders. Ive got an 09 dragon, all the backcountry ski and snowboard gear, Ive taken a few avalanche safety courses, and have a pickup, unfortunetly no trailer or sled deck, but it would be cool to get out somewhere on the sea to sky this year or wherever the good spots are!

bc rmk

Reaction score
Hey kuhdazzle Iam in Burnaby also got a couple guys I ride with but neither ready to go this early shoot me a p.m.

fishprowler

Reaction score
Hey I saw your post and wanted to shout out! I moved to burnaby from the cariboo and have yet to meet any sledders. Ive got an 09 dragon, all the backcountry ski and snowboard gear, Ive taken a few avalanche safety courses, and have a pickup, unfortunetly no trailer or sled deck, but it would be cool to get out somewhere on the sea to sky this year or wherever the good spots are!

Sounds good! I'm useless at this point as I don't even know where to go :)

kuhdazzle

Reaction score
personally I think we need to give it a few more weeks anyway, but it sounds like there are some gnarly shredders on this site already hittin it up,,,, shivering stoked to get out there,,, definitely not into a new set of a arms tho

Top Bottom