New half ton discounts black friday

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was looking for a new half ton for the wifey, seems gm and ford both 20% off msrp which is ok not great, but Ram is 25-27% off msrp. Not sure how thrilled she'd be with a dodge after several fords but deals are hard to beat.

And no there are no plans to put a sled deck on it :) have a 3500 for that.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a new ford. Ive been looking for a while and this was the best deal Ive found. A little better than the employee pricing and costco discount. Dodge may have better discounts, the downside is driving a dodge. ;)

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a new ford. Ive been looking for a while and this was the best deal Ive found. A little better than the employee pricing and costco discount. Dodge may have better discounts, the downside is driving a dodge. ;)

No kidding. That's a BIG downside.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya taking that into account...

apples to apples though the ram is 4000 less on a 70k msrp, wife might have to suck it up. Ram is a limited with the 4 corner air bags which I guess ride very nice.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya taking that into account...

apples to apples though the ram is 4000 less on a 70k msrp, wife might have to suck it up. Ram is a limited with the 4 corner air bags which I guess ride very nice.

Depends on how long you're gonna keep it I guess. After a few years you're probably not gonna miss the 4K, and everything else being equal the Ford/chev should have a higher resale value. People get stuck with dodges because the Ford/GM dealers don't offer as much for them as trade-ins. Dodge has some interesting ideas, but the build quality just isn't there IMHO.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on how long you're gonna keep it I guess. After a few years you're probably not gonna miss the 4K, and everything else being equal the Ford/chev should have a higher resale value. People get stuck with dodges because the Ford/GM dealers don't offer as much for them as trade-ins. Dodge has some interesting ideas, but the build quality just isn't there IMHO.

Agree completely. I actually like the look of the new dodges. The dealership in Cranbrook is great too so would love to have shopped there. At the end of the day though I was just much more comfortable buying a ford. Resale on them is too friggin good. I wanted to buy a used one but the prices are out to lunch. Was better off buying new.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I shopped around alot and found the best deal was through Darryle at Brentridge in Wetaskiwin. Was over 20%. Great guy, no messing around. Just gives you the best price up front. Tell him Dean from Creston recommended him.

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
Well if your ever looking for Fords the ritchie auctions have millions of them. Was walking threw I think a couple sales ago and there was lots for them sitting there from normal junk 150s to the ok-ish king ranch. Seems like thats where they all end up...

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well as a jman auto body tech, I can say that I would never encourage anyone i care about to buy a 2007-13 gm or a 15+ Ford. Dodge is still the meatiest truck out right now for anyone who is gonna use them as trucks. That being said, the new Chevys are an thousand percent better than the prior model. But those aluminum fords are fragile as hell. Took a box side off with a trim tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well as a jman auto body tech, I can say that I would never encourage anyone i care about to buy a 2007-13 gm or a 15+ Ford. Dodge is still the meatiest truck out right now for anyone who is gonna use them as trucks. That being said, the new Chevys are an thousand percent better than the prior model. But those aluminum fords are fragile as hell. Took a box side off with a trim tool.

i can't dispute your expertise as a bodyman, but I can tell you from a first responder's perspective, that nothing folds up quicker and has safety system failures like dodge products, trucks included. Greater cab intrusion, airbags not deploying, seats breaking out of the floor, cabs detaching from frames etc, and the list goes on. Every accident is different, but based on my 20+ years experience, dodge products typically provide less protection and are more likely to give a worse outcome to the occupants. The crash test data backs this up. Chrysler and jeep products consistently rate poorer in most tests. That's one of the reasons I'll never own one.

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i can't dispute your expertise as a bodyman, but I can tell you from a first responder's perspective, that nothing folds up quicker and has safety system failures like dodge products, trucks included. Greater cab intrusion, airbags not deploying, seats breaking out of the floor, cabs detaching from frames etc, and the list goes on. Every accident is different, but based on my 20+ years experience, dodge products typically provide less protection and are more likely to give a worse outcome to the occupants. The crash test data backs this up. Chrysler and jeep products consistently rate poorer in most tests. That's one of the reasons I'll never own one.

Interesting. I rarely see that degree of damage, as when they are that bad, they don't go to the body shop. Can't argue that as I don't know what you know. I have seen a new f150 door literally torn off the truck by wind tho, and consistently see chev trucks with all the welds broken and the box sides loose when they have service boxes on them. Or in one case torn open from Parking on an angle with a slide in. The only major weak link I've come across in the Rams is the suspension breaks easily in the half tons as the lower control arms are cast aluminum. But again my perspective is more from a durability and repairability angle. Less from a catastrophic failure outlook. Interesting to hear from the other side.

Doo2015

Reaction score
I had a 2013 ram 1500 sport crew cab since new. I loved that truck and I was a Chevy guy before that. The interior was great, ride was great, excellent on fuel with the 8 speed and it had lots of power. It was awesome to drive. The auto 4x4 in winter was amazing. I just made the switch to a diesel though to pull a 30ft sled trailer. If I was to buy another half ton, it would be another ram sport. My first choice in a diesel was a dodge mega cab because I loved my half ton interior so much. I also like the dodge body style. Chevy was never an option as I don't like the current body style or interior. I love the powertrain though, I have a 2008 crew cab duramax that I love. I use it for work as a welding truck. In the end I traded my half ton dodge off on a 2017 f350 platinum. And I was a ford hater! The interior, ride and extra features did it for me. Yes it's aluminum but I don't plan on buying a truck based on what will happen if I get into a fender bender. If I run it into something I'm going to do damage no matter what I'm driving. Insurance will fix it, not me. I buy vehicles based on the driving experience. It came with a bed liner so the box should hold up good. One thing I know is that I'm not brand loyal. My point is go test drive every brand then buy what you enjoyed driving the most, period. The warranty is all fairly comparable between them and extra warranty is an option if you want. The reliability is all fairly comparable in the new models as well. But once again, I favour the half ton dodge over others right now.

As far as discount go, for the most part they are all BS. I've had $15k deducted off a truck quote when there were zero discounts on. Then the next week they advertise $10k off and everyone thinks that's great. Once you figure out which truck you want, call at least 3 dealers and get quotes. Then take the lowest quote to the other dealers (don't show them who gave you the quote) and watch them beat that quote. Then take that new lowest price back to other dealers and watch them compete. Keep doing this until they can't beat it anymore. You'll be amazed at how much the price drops once you get them competing. It's a pain in the ass but the money saved is worth it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom