New from Calgary

kosta45

Reaction score
Hi,everybody! I'm happy to find this site as I'm just a beginner and need to know
many important things about snowmobiling. Just bought AC Panther T660 Touring and want to spend more time with my wife on the snow trails. What are the closest areas for snowmobiling from Calgary? I heard Cataract Creek isn't far and isn't bad but not sure how to get there from Calgary,planning to have a ride on the 25th of December,on Christmas.
Thanks.

Climbit

Reaction score
Hi,everybody! I'm happy to find this site as I'm just a beginner and need to know
many important things about snowmobiling. Just bought AC Panther T660 Touring and want to spend more time with my wife on the snow trails. What are the closest areas for snowmobiling from Calgary? I heard Cataract Creek isn't far and isn't bad but not sure how to get there from Calgary,planning to have a ride on the 25th of December,on Christmas.
Thanks.

I would suggest getting ahold of the Calgary and Area snowmobile Club. Sorry , I dont have any contact info off hand but they would be able to help you out with a trail system close by. There is also a Club in the crowsnest pass, they are called "Crow Snow riders" they would be able to help you out with some trails in the south west.

have fun

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try this link to give you a general idea of where Cataract Creek is. You have to access it from Longview. Take highway 22 south and just as you are entering Longview you turn right at the bottom of the hill. You will come to some gates about 45 km west that are closed. Turn left. The map should show you from there.

BrandonSK

Reaction score
I just moved to Saskatchewan from Calgary
For a nice day ride you could check out Mclean Creek near Bragg Creek, about 45 mins out of Cgy

kosta45

Reaction score
I just moved to Saskatchewan from Calgary
For a nice day ride you could check out Mclean Creek near Bragg Creek, about 45 mins out of Cgy

Thanks, I tried it yesterday,didn't like because it was rough and bumpy. I'm wondering if these trails will be groomed or not sometime? I've got touring model,it's heavy and big and IMHO needs smooth surfaces for enjoyable riding.
Correct me please if I am wrong,it's my first season,just trying to get general idea.
Thanks

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cataract creek had the trails groomed on the 17th they should be ok
if not blairmore will have the trails groomed soon as well .... pm for more info if ya like

Volksnutt

Reaction score
Sibbald Creek west on Highway one. Is another place to ride. Follow the signs to the stagging area. Your supposed to stay on the powderface trail but its a nice ride, lots of scenery. The trail does a loop around the little Elbow and the Big Elbow.
Mclean they will not groom the trails this area gets ripped up in the summer months by quads, bikes, and trucks.

Top Bottom