New 600 E-tec torn track

2skis

Reaction score
My buddy just purchased a brand new 600 renegade back country.Took it on a trip up north and his track ripped right along the edge in 3 different places. One is a rip about 3" wide and 3" long between lugs.The others about 1" deep tore into the edge.
Has anyone tore there track on there sleds? Sounds like they may not warranty it!

2skis

Reaction score
He's supposed to ride AROUND the trees and rocks.

Thanks tips. There was 5 machines there. We all road the same area which was maily open fields and trails. So we road AROUND the rocks and TREES. I was hoping for a serious answer on here....

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to see a picture of the rips/tears.

Tracks just don't rip for no reason. Is it aligned properly? No additional bracing added or tunnel supports with rivets catching the track? Something isn't right.

newfiebullet

Reaction score
Why wont they warrenty it? Sounds like its catching a rivet or something if its only on the edge of the track.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why wont they warrenty it? Sounds like its catching a rivet or something if its only on the edge of the track.
Warrenty on track is very hard and a touchy subject with dealers and track manufactures,unless it delamination or something broke because of manufacture failure[suspention] good luck.I had a buddy spear a track after the dealer ajusted everything spring tension,limiter straps and track tension. They said track was to loose OR limit strap was to loose.NO WARRENTY 2700 bucks later he riding his HCR again.

Last edited:

2skis

Reaction score
Sorry i got no pics. Its at the dealer right now. The sled was set up and pdi at the dealer, so they set the track.

Top Bottom