New 2014 F 350 dually

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what FORD dealership can delete all the pollution control crap off my new 6.7 diesel and keep the ford warranty looking for a shop close too or around Edmonton

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Nadp they are great guys and in edmonton.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try kentwood. They did my buddy's 2011 F-350 with 6" lift and full delete. He bought it new from there like that.

Sent from my iPhone

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had mine done at Heartland Ford. Fort sask. They said as long as I bring it back to them they would honor the warranty. I have yet to take them up on it yet. Hopefully they follow through if the time comes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heartland ford will NOT honor warranty I talked to them

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just what they told me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe youngpolarisguy on here works at City Ford. He may know what dealers will still honour warranty, or give you a reason as to why they no longer do. Legal motors use to delete dodges but I heard they got in a lot of trouble for it

Sent from my iPhone

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be surprised if anyone offered warranty after mods like that. The emission systems are there for a reason and deleting them is altering the engine performance. Its one thing for the service guy at the dealer to say they will honor warranty. Let's see ford actually pay a repair bill when the engine has damage after the mod. Good luck. The def and other emmisions systems suck but the manufacturers have them on there for a reason. They aren't going anywhere unfortunately so we have to live with them or live without warranty.

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ford representatives actually inspect some warranty claims now. The day of getting to play with our diesels and maintain warranty is gone.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
They can NOT fully void your warranty. It's against the law. If you make any mods, and have issues they HAVE to prove that the mod caused the defect, or had direct correlation to it. If you do a delete, and an interior trim panel breaks, or a u-joint goes, they still have to honor the warranty. If you have a catastrophic engine failure, they HAVE to prove that you deleting the emissions equipment caused that failure. It's the law. Read the Magnuson-Moss act. BUT....... is a drawn out law suit worth it? Cause, you can bet your bottom dollar that they'll fight it. For a while, at least.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can NOT fully void your warranty. It's against the law. If you make any mods, and have issues they HAVE to prove that the mod caused the defect, or had direct correlation to it. If you do a delete, and an interior trim panel breaks, or a u-joint goes, they still have to honor the warranty. If you have a catastrophic engine failure, they HAVE to prove that you deleting the emissions equipment caused that failure. It's the law. Read the Magnuson-Moss act. BUT....... is a drawn out law suit worth it? Cause, you can bet your bottom dollar that they'll fight it. For a while, at least.
Magnuson-Moss act is US not Canadian.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, the closest thing to the MM Act are the provincial Consumer Protection Acts. ...but I haven't read it yet, so I have no idea if it protects you in this situation at all.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I do agree on some points, but if your deleting the emissions, your putting a tune onto it as well, with as little as 50+ hp to an easy 300hp hot tune. That can cause engine failure, transmission failure and driveline issues since they weren't designed around that much output. Obviously it all comes down to customer abuse, which they will also deny. They can't void all warranty like failure of electrical components which is really all that ever fails on new vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I phoned Kentwood ford they told me they would NOT honor the warranty and I phoned a few other dealers they all said NO so I guess I am keep it gay ass stock

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's gay...but look at it this way. The truck never leaves the driveway and you only put 10K on the last truck you had for 4 years so it all works out in the end.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's gay...but look at it this way. The truck never leaves the driveway and you only put 10K on the last truck you had for 4 years so it all works out in the end.
HAHA easy there big guy I bought it in nov of 2013 haha

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Freedom replaced a fan clutch on warranty but the tech bent the fan. Wouldnt warranty the rad because I had a vmac on the truck.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked a similar question on fte when I was in the market for an egoboost half ton, the MM act was mentioned but thats American .

What I was told was if I were to get a eco and chip/tune it, even if I returned it to stock settings before I brought it in to ford for warranty work, ford could ask for the ecu which would have a foot print of the chip that was now tied to the ecu and ford would void it

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just so you all know its not city i work work at, but another local dealer. Any way no dealer is gonna promise you warrenty if you mod you truck. We work on tons of fully deleted 6.7l's and still honor warranty but the kicker is if for some reason it was your mod that cause the problem whether it be cause its tuned or whatever it is, then your chit out luck. Its pretty rare that something happens where theres no warranty cause of deletes and chips, I have seen 100 times more claims denied over lack of maintenance and abuse off road that anything. And as far as i know if you remove your chit and return it to stock before you bring it the only way to tell is via the new bolts on you rusted truck, and a p1000 code that would be stored in memory cause a drive cycle most likely hasn't been performed but no actual way to prove anything. With the countless engines i have replaced over the years ford has never asked for a pcm to check it for modifications.

But don't take this as me telling you to delete your truck, its up to you, and all done at YOUR OWN RISK.

Top Bottom