new 08 phaser mountain

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i went out and bought my wife a new 2008 phaser mountain so is there anything i should be aware of on this sled just wondering always like a heads up ;)

Altapeet

Reaction score
I dont have the mtx. I have a 08 Phazer gt .I have about 400k on it so far and no issues other than my first set of sliders had to be replaced at 350 k . I like the machine a lot . I wish I had bought the mtx for more versatility but hey thats the way it goes I guess. ... Oh ya , keep an eye on the rad as they tend to plug up with snow sometimes.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Make sure she has a tek vest, letting of the throttle can be hard on their chests. As well they are tippy and hard to get right side up again.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i ride with a tek vest all the time so i will have to buy her one keeps all my bones in one place :d

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice sleds for sure. Look like a blast to ride.

WHen I was looking at them they had an issue of the snow coming up through the tunnel, hitting the exhaust, then draining and freezing the boards. Not sure if this has been fixed? You might want to fab something up.

Thoes Yammies sure like to freeze up their boards =)

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i went out and bought my wife a new 2008 phaser mountain so is there anything i should be aware of on this sled just wondering always like a heads up ;)

I bought one like this and it works quite well. The Phazer and the Nitro don't have have heat exchangers under the running boards like the Apex and tend to build up with snow which get compacted into ice. Oh....and sometimes when you engage reverse or forward selector you might need to roll the sled just a couple of inches so things line up and it can engage the correct drive. This has happened to us only a couple of times in the last three years. This about sums it up for any of the issues we've had. It does take some re-learning to really get this baby carving but when you do it is a real blast to ride. Really brings back the FUN factor of riding.:d

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only have a few miles on my wife’s 08 Phazer MTX, but I like it so far. It seems a little tippy but at the same time its balanced. It lifts a ski easily but it doesn’t flop over. I can balance on one ski for miles. It’s kind of fun to see how far you can go with one ski in the air.:d

One thing I did do was install a tunnel close off kit to keep the ice down. Link

Enjoy the new sled!:)

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gonna get one for the gf when i get home.

heard the oil filter is a pain in the a$$ to change out

I’ve heard the oil filter is a pain too, but after the first oil change you only replace it every 20,000 km. You just change the oil every season. It makes me a bit nervous to think about it, but that’s what is in the manual (page 43).

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well thanks guys for all the replys i think my wife is going to love it but i just hope the boostbug dosnt bite me on ths sled lol:d

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my gf really enjoys her phazer mtx. I think its perfect for someone who doesnt like the 2 stroke smell, doesnt want a pull start and doesnt need a lot of power for what they like to do.

Top Bottom