Never thought I would ive to see this s#*t

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are using our society's values and laws to beat us from within. I have zero interest in listening to that crap over a loudspeaker in the evenings or mornings. If I want to listen to it I will travel to Iraq or Iran.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Christian world has been imposing religious things like Christmas and Easter on the general public. Why can't Muslims celebrate their beliefs in public?
Because we are a Christian society for hundreds of years. They are the ones populating in large numbers imposing their values on us now. If they want to have a call to prayer they can keep it in house

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are using our society's values and laws to beat us from within. I have zero interest in listening to that crap over a loudspeaker in the evenings or mornings. If I want to listen to it I will travel to Iraq or Iran.

100%
They want to live according to the old days - never had broadcast speakers back then.....piss off.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be playing the lords prayer as loud as I can if i hear that crap. Even though I havnt been to church in years, definitely not very religious these days....This is Canada, you want your barbaric culture go back to the ****hole country you left. Funny how cbc wont allow comments on these stories, they must know they'll get chewed the f out

Last edited:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why can't they just stream it online like some of the Catholic churches are doing?

It seems like every city council everywhere is trying to limit noise of all types within city limits, and then they allow this? F@ck right off.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Time to organize a Pastafarian sermon and apply for a bylaw exemption.

Realistically it is probably not a big deal, I'm guessing most neighborhoods where this will take place are a majority Muslim population and it will be 5 minutes in a small area even with a loud speaker. It's the principal behind it that is a slippery slope. Religion has been taken out of public schools but do they not still do prayer and celebrate Christian holidays in the Catholic school system? It's the imposition on the rights of others that is the issue.

Growing up my best friend was from Pakistan and his family was Muslim, dad was a stereotypical cab driver, mom didn't speak English but worked as a health care aid and the grandparents lived in the basement. They did not impose their beliefs on anyone and did their thing either at their place of worship or in their home. (No reason why this could not be done online as mentioned.) My friends family faced a lot of racism and were told to go back to their own country even though they were active, productive tax paying citizens. Rohit is now an accomplished Anesthesiologist in Toronto who has held positions within the Ontario Medical Association, Canadian Anesthesiologists Association and has been at the bargaining table representing Ontario Physicians in Provincial Healthcare negotiations.

There are some crazy radicals out there but us "natural Canadians" have our fair share of Crazy extremists, I know a couple personally and just shake my head....

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time to organize a Pastafarian sermon and apply for a bylaw exemption.

Realistically it is probably not a big deal, I'm guessing most neighborhoods where this will take place are a majority Muslim population and it will be 5 minutes in a small area even with a loud speaker. It's the principal behind it that is a slippery slope. Religion has been taken out of public schools but do they not still do prayer and celebrate Christian holidays in the Catholic school system? It's the imposition on the rights of others that is the issue.

Growing up my best friend was from Pakistan and his family was Muslim, dad was a stereotypical cab driver, mom didn't speak English but worked as a health care aid and the grandparents lived in the basement. They did not impose their beliefs on anyone and did their thing either at their place of worship or in their home. (No reason why this could not be done online as mentioned.) My friends family faced a lot of racism and were told to go back to their own country even though they were active, productive tax paying citizens. Rohit is now an accomplished Anesthesiologist in Toronto who has held positions within the Ontario Medical Association, Canadian Anesthesiologists Association and has been at the bargaining table representing Ontario Physicians in Provincial Healthcare negotiations.

There are some crazy radicals out there but us "natural Canadians" have our fair share of Crazy extremists, I know a couple personally and just shake my head....
Your moderate beliefs formed from first hand experiences and not dreamed up out of anti muslim FB posts will not be tolerated on S&M.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can, same as anyone can celebrate their beliefs in public. The problem is bending the law to allow Muslims special privilege that others don't enjoy.

This right here is the ticket. EVERYONE needs to be treated the same under the law, until then the government just continues to pit groups against one another because they create special privileges others don't have. Everywhere in history the "privileged" groups have received condemnation from the rest of the general population, creating a divide between the 2. The problem is the current governments just keep making it worse. If I got a group of people together and blockaded the raillines and tried to set them on fire I'd probably be jailed, because I don't have the right skin color that's allowed to do those things.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They took away merry Christmas, and the lords prayer in school, but everyone in Calgary has to endure that racket.

west coast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All one has to do is read the protocols of zion. This is just a small step in the creation of the one world government.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I agree it should be the same for all. If a catholic, Baptist, Jewish etc. church put in a bylaw exemption request asking to hold a 5 minute public prayer or hymn session I can't see it being declined based on the precedence set out in Nenshi's letter.

No one should be allowed to block the railway no matter the color of their skin nor the cause, same goes for the bridges in Edmonton and the pipeline or any infrastructure construction - Our governments on all levels have bungled that situation over and over.... I don't care if your a Hippy tree hugger or an Aboriginal, interfere with approved projects outside of civilized legal means and you should be arrested.... period

Top Bottom