neibor pics

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread to post these pics so started a newb here are some pics of my neighbors. the first one is to the neighbor to the east and the second just moved in with her kid to the west and wont leave thats my fence they are in.

No I did not close the gate...............:nono:........wife won't let me.

Attachments

• DSC01267.JPG
    DSC01267.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC01080.JPG
    DSC01080.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just have to wait for the peas carrots and potatos

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, so before this gets all out of hand and Magnet gets any crazy ideas...
#1. The moose came to see ME, Magnet wasn't even in the province at the time. So technically, according to the rules:rules:, I have the ownership rights to them. Secondly, who can chop up annd eat their friends? No one of course, so these 2 moosies will live safely on our land forever, and they can spread the word about a safe place for a moose family to live, and more and more can come, and soon my full time job will be to take more pictures, all day long everyday of all of them.
#2. Magnet, you can have the big ugly bull and all his friends which are bigger than he is. I think he is gross. You can have all the rights to him, I don't like him.
#3. I love all my new furry neighbours (notice the correct spelling, Magnet).so don't be getting any ideas about peas, carrots and poatoes unless you are going vegetarian, because you are not eating any of my friends who come to visit.
BUt eat the bulls, I don't like them and they stink.

:bullrider::bullrider::bullrider::bullrider:And yes, I can write a novel,

that just happened.

OLIVE DRAB DEAN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Moose steaks at Magnet's! I'll take the back straps, they are the best. :d Oh you only need the frist and lsat lettres in a wrod to read them.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Snow Girl you just keep attracting them moose to that little haven of yours and come fall there could be a S&M fall supper moose BBQ.......:rolleyes: :beer:
MMM...the thoughts of a tender juicey moose roast slow cooked in zesty italian dressing and garlic. Ahh tenderloins marinated in garlic, spices and tenderizers all wrapped in tinfoil slowly roasting on the hot coals of the camp fire.....:d

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Snow Girl you just keep attracting them moose to that little haven of yours and come fall there could be a S&M fall supper moose BBQ.......:rolleyes: :beer:
MMM...the thoughts of a tender juicey moose roast slow cooked in zesty italian dressing and garlic. Ahh tenderloins marinated in garlic, spices and tenderizers all wrapped in tinfoil slowly roasting on the hot coals of the camp fire.....:d

Count me in for the Tenderloin !! Yum Yum !!

OLIVE DRAB DEAN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Feed em grain all summer, couple pounds a day, then feed em 250 grain, from a .338 Winchester magnum next fall! :d

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stop it you guys are makin me hungry. as for the grain comment good amounts but mine will have to be fed to them by a 7mm mag. mmm mmmm mmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hunter2::hunter2::BBQ::BBQ:

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
an oldie but still a good one..fitting i think

Attachments

• mashed  potatoes.jpg
    mashed potatoes.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 22

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, they are my friends, I found them first. I might have to set traps to protect my mooses, remember what happened some intruders tried to steal a quad. Oh yeah, by the way Magnet, I recall that my shot is ALOT more accurate than yours, as I recall, so put the 7mm away, the moose isn't a big enough target for ya.:rules::girlpower::xmas-smiley-002::xmas-smiley-002::xmas-smiley-002::xmas-smiley-002::xmas-smiley-002::xmas-smiley-002::xmas-smiley-002:.

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Snow Girl's Pets pics

I told Magnet they come right up to the house when my cat is in the window. He didn't beleive, but last night they did when she was sitting in the window.
So yet another opportunity for more pics. They grazed through the yard and it is a good thing that we have alot of trees, as they were munching like crazy and were maybe 40 feet from my son's window last night. With Magnet's binoculars, we could see their TEETH. BIG, SHARP, VICIOUS,SCARY TEETH, so stay away from them, or they'll bite you.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, they are my friends, I found them first. I might have to set traps to protect my mooses, remember what happened some intruders tried to steal a quad. Oh yeah, by the way Magnet, I recall that my shot is ALOT more accurate than yours, as I recall, so put the 7mm away, the moose isn't a big enough target for ya.:rules::girlpower::xmas-smiley-002::xmas-smiley-002::xmas-smiley-002::xmas-smiley-002::xmas-smiley-002::xmas-smiley-002::xmas-smiley-002:.

if they are your friends lets invite them for dinner...........................just don't tell them they will be ON THE MENU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So now not only are the two Mooses around, but my son spotted a deer in the same fenced area. We are zookeepers and we didn't even know it !!!
Yippee !!!

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some more pics.
We are so fortunate to have these sweet big hairy critters around us all the time. We sure weren't expecting it, that's for sure.
The other night after the kids were in bed, Magnet wanted to go for a walk out back, so we did. On our way back to the house, the momma moose and baby moose were hanging around, eating trees, and then they saw us. I was so scared because we were in the wide open, nowhere to hide if they wanted to come eat us. Magnet said they wouldn't, because they had a bunch of elk fence they would have to get around first. So what does he do? decides to start talking moose language back to the momma. Now I was really freaked. Who's to say they wouldn't just plow through the fence and get us? We weren't even 30 feet away from them at this point. He said in the first place that they would never stay more than a few days and be gone, now it's been since early winter they have lived with us.
So maybe he'd be wrong that they couldn't get through the fence if they really wanted to.
I didn't want to stick around to find out and took off back to the house.:xmas-smiley-002:
The first photo is my mom, she was hoping it would come up to her. Look how close she was to the open gate. Crazy lady.
The fifth was taken two nights ago, when we went for a walk out back. Look how close they were. No wonder I was scared, right?
The last one is our resident porcupine, just a little ways down the road. He/she/it lives on a hill with some cows. Whenever we see it, it is on the same hill.

Attachments

• DSC01234.jpg
    DSC01234.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC01235.jpg
    DSC01235.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC01261.jpg
    DSC01261.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC01265.jpg
    DSC01265.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC01586.jpg
    DSC01586.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC01459.jpg
    DSC01459.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 23

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, imagine getting ready for bed, all tired and sleepy. Now imagine looking out your bedroom window, to see a momma moose looking in your window right back at you. Magnet freaked last night when this happened to him. It was funny.

What was the closest you have ever come to an animal which was not a pet-type of animal?

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great pics, Thanks!!

I got to handle some wild owls once when I helped out at a wildlife rehabilitation place... that was really cool!

Top Bottom