need turbo advice/info.

bathtub28

Reaction score
I have decided i want to take the cash plunge and turbo my 08 d8 this year. I run in saskatchewan wich is low ele. and not a place were big turbo lag will be verry livable. So i was just wondering on who has a decently priced and verry useable turbo kit. I would like also a very COMPLETE kit, none of this you need to get this you should buy that afterwards crap. have been leaning towards BD new 2010 kit ($7100) complete at my door, or a aero charger kit. So anyand all advice is welcomed and appreciated as to wich rote is the best to take for this project.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to BigDawg at summer sucks, he had very good luck with his kit last year;)

RatedX

Reaction score
no way dude, Twisted Turbo's!!!!! Best kit around, the guy is a two stroke turbo genius!!! Look them up they are out of Utah. you will not be disappointed

yamahacurtis

Reaction score
Areo turbo chargers are old school stuff. Dual vaned turbos have issues.They work good but you have to run race fuel. Reliability? Twisted turbos, yes they work but Shaine has no concept what a intercooler is or does. You can run race or non race fuel with his. Boondocker has been in the game for a long time. They have turbos that run on pump or race fuel. You can also get clutching kits for turbos. There new product is a electronic boost controller. Very good product support with either twisted or boondooker turbos. Pricing is very close $5000-70000 Canadian gets you a complete kit. Phone all the companies and see what they have. If they are not willing to talk to you take them off your list.

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am running a m8 with a boondocker turbo and very happy with its performance,i purchased the kit from specialty sleds in edmonton

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Areo turbo chargers are old school stuff. Dual vaned turbos have issues.They work good but you have to run race fuel. Reliability? Twisted turbos, yes they work but Shaine has no concept what a intercooler is or does. You can run race or non race fuel with his. Boondocker has been in the game for a long time. They have turbos that run on pump or race fuel. You can also get clutching kits for turbos. There new product is a electronic boost controller. Very good product support with either twisted or boondooker turbos. Pricing is very close $5000-70000 Canadian gets you a complete kit. Phone all the companies and see what they have. If they are not willing to talk to you take them off your list.

Well, I wouldn't comment on what Shain knows or doesn't know about turbo's, since he's probably forgotten more than most of us will ever know in the turbo dept. Considering his kits run pretty damn good and he's had tons of satisfied customers, why add the cost of expense and complexity of the intercooler into the kit if its not needed? If you wanted to run 30 lbs of boost and wanted the intercooler, I'm sure Shain can build what you need.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget that on a 2 stroke "pump gas" turbo you will still need to run race fuel when not in the mountains. It's about $7-800 a drum :eek: I'm pretty sure only the four strokes can actually use pump gas at lower altitudes.

T-BO

Reaction score
I've ran 6 lbs all day at 3000 feet on pump gas with my D8 with a BD pump gas kit. Gonna try to run AV gas this year at 8 or 10lbs. The 2010 piston and head update is supposed to be lower compression combo so I'll see how much boost I can run on 100ll. I would reccomend Boondocker, my kit has worked really good.

riverratjim01

Reaction score
The Push turbo kit guy (Ken Hunter) is my neighbor. I`ve watched this kit evolve into the cleanest installation avaliable. every part is top of the line.
Tial housings,Tial wastegate (the only external wastegate kit avaliable),attitude fuel controller,in tank hi volume pump/with rising rate regulator. Stainless (quiet) muffler. race gas or pump gas kits.
all polished. pre wired, plug and play. no cutting into your harnesses.
nothing left to guess about. You could be 8 hours from reciept of kit to hanging on for dear life. dealer installation avaliable for $500. These kits were on display at Heydays in the Arctic Cat booth, next to a few embarassed comps. Just look at pushturbos.com call Ken,and bend his ear a little.

riverratjim01

Reaction score
call Ken Hunter at pushturbos
He has plenty of customers that will attest to the performance of his kits
One dealer liked the setup enough to buy a dozen after his first ride on grass.
They can`t wait to brag so give them the chance.
561-303-3867 website Pushturbo.com

turbo D

Reaction score
I have had great success with BD in the last three years no problems
You will find them very good.
I use the intercooler but i do run over 5lbs boost

Top Bottom