Need to ride this weekend!!!!!

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Living in Leduc and looking to ride this weekend.

With the mountains being so dangerous right now we are choosing to stay away. Hoping they get better by mid Feb as we have a trip planned to McBride.

Is there anywhere close to the Leduc/Edmonton area (with in a few hours) that has a decent amount of snow?

Heard of Goose Tower. Where is this and how do I get there? Can I get a dually and a 30ft trailer in?

330AC

Reaction score
If you come up highway 43 to Whitecourt and turn north on Highway 32 to Swan Hills, Goose Tower is west of Swan Hills. There is lots of snow north or west of Whitecourt. Depending on your riding partners, can hit the groomed trails around Whitecourt or free ride some of the pipelines and powerlines in the area.

The Whitecourt Trail Blazers host a tour of our trails every sunday starting at 10 am at our staging area just west and north of town.

Lots of snow!!

330AC

330AC

Reaction score
Goose tower is west of the town of Swan Hills. Lots of snow around Whitecourt. there is a sunday ride hosted by the Whitecourt Trail Blazers, they are meeting at 10 AM on Sunday morning at the staging area 6 km west of whitecourt on highway 43 and 2 km north on 32 is the staging area location. Lots of room for trucks and trailers
330AC

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
We ride every sunday in the alberta beach area....stergeon river out to lac st.anne and area trails.

Bogger

blair155

Reaction score
I think we may be riding in slush this weekend!! 11degrees in the forcast for saturday..

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I would like to sincerly appologize to all the sledders out there....you see it's my fault the snow is dissapearing.
In my own selfishness I went out and bought the wife a nice new-to-us sled however due to other obligations we will be unable to ride until our regular sunday run.....
I must have been a real A$$hole to mother nature in my former life because as much as people may want to blame global warming/jet stream/witchcraft the fact is this is mother natures F-U to me...
She did the same thing to me when I went to the dominican in 05, 2 months of -35 in fort mac and then while I'm away everyone enjoyed +12 to +15 in fort mac for the first week of FEBRUARY, then back to -30 for my return..... don't know what I did to piss her off but I do take responsibility.....If I go upgrade my boat I'm sure we'll be ice-fishing in June....

Sorry all...:beer:

Bogger

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding Smoky lake on sunday 1.5 hrs north east of edmonton, let me know

mel.h

Reaction score
If you want some decent snow do not go to Alberta Beach this weekend. Was there last weekend & although it was way better than nothing, with the warm weather it won't be that good. Another place to consider might be between Ft. Assiniboine & Swan Hills if you do not wish to drive to Goose Tower. It's a little closer. :beer:

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding Smoky lake on sunday 1.5 hrs north east of edmonton, let me know

Thanks for the offer but we are going to go Saturday morning up to Whitecourt/Swan Hills area and see what we can find.

Any suggestions let me know.

Top Bottom