Need some legal information

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is retarded.

i hate cops that are high on their badges. some are good, i know a few, but some are douche bags, especially rcmp. they are the worst.

i have a friend who is a city of edmonton cop, who has told me some stories about some rcmp interactions, and they usually involve some cowboy fresh to the rcmp thinking he is going to change the west!!!! OKAY COWPOKE

I told the last rcmp who was a douchebag to me while giving me a ticket to be nicer to me, and when he rudely relied why? i told him that i paid his salary.

a guy i know his son just joined, and he is a nice level headed young man who believes he is their to help and protect people. that is what it should be. not flexing your badge at the local garage.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im surprised the cops would even waste there time in a small community like that. Someone must be B*tcHinG to the cops to make them push the issue.

Several town council members are trying to make it legal to run them on the streets here in town. There have already been some conversations with the RCMP regarding the matter and the local RCMP have told the town they don't like the idea. I am thinking that is part of the issue here.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our fork lift and yard truck are not street legal either, but insured and registered. I would welcome that fight in court!

Three of the four ATV/Sled dealerships in Edson access their repair shops from the public parking lots. All four of them use their parking lots to access outside display areas. At all four dealerships you must unload in the parking lots when you drop the unit off for service work.

Here is one FTguy can probably relate to: One of our shops sponsors a race car, I crew a car in different class, and I am building a new car that will need sponsorship. For the dollars that are spent on the sponsored car, I expect to be able to use that car for promotional events by parking it in the parking lot. Geez, more times than not we unload the race cars in a parking lots and drive or tow it (with a quad no less) into the pits.

Under the High Traffic Act, the list of :nono::nono: is very long when one thinks about it.

This cop needs a transfer to the left wing shelter of downtown Toronto or needs to repeatily bang his own head until the realities of Alberta sink in.

I just replied back. There are small tractors and forklifts being used in the same lot. Just asked if he had to worry about them now.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any other legal info, work vehicle wise or anything that someone may have? How do the Surveyors legally use a quad along the highway? We just want some documentation saying it is legal so if he gets a ticket he can fight it. If we can't find it then he is going to put some setup on his truck.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my buddy rides from his farm to work on the backroads with his quad, and got pinched for it once. cop said no riding on the gravel roads, it's the same as riding on the highway. a month or so later, he's riding out by the lake and sees some fresh quad tracks goin' into the bush. he follows them to a brand new Grizzly parked in the trees, no one around. so after he goes back home and thinks about it, he calls the cops to report it. a cop shows up at his farm, he takes the cop to the machine and sure enough, it's stolen. he explained to the cop he was out quadding and found it, and also tells him about getting grief for riding on the backroads. the cop gave him a card, and told him if any officer hassles him again, to call him and he will straighten them out, and thanked him for calling the stolen machine in. just shows that even tho it's against the law, it is totally at the discretion of the officer involved. he now has a free pass to ride the gravel roads on his quad.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe a lot of this has to do with that age old "reckeless rider" image we all seem to have shrouding us. As soon as these cops see your on the good side they can relax a little. Once again....guilty till proven innocent.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, when I replied back with this..

"Just out of curiosity, is there a way he can register this as a work vehicle and get around it. He has been using this setup for at least 10 years. There are also fork lifts and tractors used in the areas that are not street legal. Does that mean they cannot be used there as well? It is strictly for work use and not a recreational vehicle for him."

The response back was this:

"Please have your friend attend his closest RCMP Detachment to meet and discuss the issue"

I guess it pretty much ends there cause the local RCMP don't want to discuss anything (he has already called). So much for Civil Servants...

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably a damn rookie right out of the acadamy trying to make a name for himself.. We used to run into ignorant cops like that in BC all the time.. And 90% of the time is was a rookie..
the one in cochrane wasn't a rookie, but was of a certain native ethinic background!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mudhunter

Reaction score
This is unrelated to quadding, but if a police officer issues you a ticket:nono:, and misspells your name (it's subtle but still wrong) is the ticket still valid??

Just wondering if anyones run into this... Thanks in advance..
Mudhunter

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sound like cop has real thorn up his butt.I do believe that every morning that
I wake up I must break law that i don't know of at one time it use be free
COUNTRY

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Any other legal info, work vehicle wise or anything that someone may have? How do the Surveyors legally use a quad along the highway? We just want some documentation saying it is legal so if he gets a ticket he can fight it. If we can't find it then he is going to put some setup on his truck.

When I was land surveying all of our quads and sleds were licenced and insured as commercial vehicles.... not sure if that would make a difference in this case but it might be worth asking.....

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is unrelated to quadding, but if a police officer issues you a ticket:nono:, and misspells your name (it's subtle but still wrong) is the ticket still valid??

Just wondering if anyones run into this... Thanks in advance..
Mudhunter

That ticket will get torn up, ticket must be exactly as drivers license shows. I had a friend once and they mixed up his first and middle names on the ticket, we and the cops always called him by his middle name, they tore it up

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I would go to your insurance company and ensure it is registared under your commercial business,
Once that is done, go to court and show your documents.
Forklift, genie booms, bobcats, etc should be registered the same.
Absolutely nothing they can do...
Your A-- is then covered.....

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
since it is considered "highway", i would tell him i want it plowed and sanded. what a bunch of crap though.

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hope that prick cop doesnt have his car break down!!! karma would have no choice but to strike him down!!(or mechanic man could tickle his backside with a "pleasant bill" for repairs!!!)

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Install signal lights and street tires then register it as a highway vehicle. If that fugly Bombardier trike can be stret legal so can a quad.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They cannot give him a ticket. If it is on private property. he can sit and do burnouts all day on his land and the only fine he could possible get is a noise violation.

Cops these days are useless. I got a Dirtbike a couple years ago and went to get the bylaws for it. The officer told me that it is ok to go down my street in an orderly manner and exit town via the quickest known route. About a month later Im exiting town get pulled over by that exact same cop and he wants to impound my bike and give me a ticket for operating it within town limits. Ended up Impounding it and giveing me a ticket. I went to court for it told them i wanted a full reimbursment for the cost of the tow truck and for the cost of the impound fees plus a full days wages to fight them over it.

Told them what happened and ended up going to fight it 4 times, Eventually winning and getting my wages covered as well. Since then i have no Respect for cops at all. When i am on a OHV i will not stop for no cop and if i see one i will take off imidiately.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Anyone notice that this thread is about 15 months old?

In that case I want an update......UPDATE!!!!!!!....

So did he rig up his truck? still use the quad?

see the caps???? that means I'm YELLING.....UPDATE!!!!!!:d

Top Bottom