Need some help from the ladies here

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi ladies, im in need of some help from you. i have a white sled jacket TOBE brand if it makes a difference. and it has some stains :( i beleive some are even injector oil..... not sure how it got in the center of my chest area but it looks like oil.... has a blue ish tint. and there are tree stains from sitting on a snowed over tree from last year and falling off. ect ect. so please im hoping someone out there has a for sure way of getting these stains out of your own or husband/boyfriend/sons riding gear :D

merry christmas

i can supply pics if needed.

also my white hmk boots are stained on the top of the foot area from the foot rests i guess. this is not a major thing but i thought if possible... i would clean them aswell.

Last edited:

canamgirl

Reaction score
try brake cleaner...
you could also try club soda??
OR call a dry cleaner see what they would use then just do it yourself!! I hope you get it out!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brake cleaner? Has worked for me on grease and oil stains but could scare me a bit on a white coat! :eek:

I know! The white coat part kinda makes most things I would suggest out of the question... Perhaps try Pinesol on a toothbrush for spot cleaning...Rinse well and then regular detergent? Might have to re-seal the fabric once it's clean with Nikwax Garment Wash.

DON'T put in the dryer until you have got the stains our or you will set them in permanently and then u r hooped!!

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks everyone, i will call a dry cleaners and do a google search aswell. maybe even call the tobe company... i love my coat and it looks like garbage and want it clean... was an x mas gift from last year and looks like its years and years old :(

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've also had luck with hand cleaner... the abrasive kind that you find in serious shops... it isn't the best for the fabric and I would guess it could do a number on your waterproofing in that spot but it might help... I used it on my whites spots on my coat and it helped but didn't get rid of them entirely....

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a lady but if you can find that old DiDi7 or whatever it was called (Advertised on TV) a buddy borrowed my coat to change a tire and got grease all over the arm. Used some of that and it disappeared. Coat was yellow not white but left no evidence of stain.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sunlight lemon dish soap, works like a hot damn!!! Just apply it to the stain and let it soak in for about 20 min then wash it in hot water. I think any dish soap with grease-fighting properties should work. I also use it to wash my hands after wrenching, works better than go-jo, and easier on my skin.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a MASSIVE oil stain on a GoreTex TNF jacket a few years ago. The chair lift decided to take a giant chit as I was passing under the tower and had a large glob of oil on my back. I used Ban-it Laundry Bar. Works wonders, came out perfectly clean.

Top Bottom