need some fresh pow how about 117cm or 46 inches in 24 hours

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap this is the first ive heard of this, significant snow fall is an understatement I think

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chit eh, I might have to head to Terrace!!

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A bunch of use ride in Tumbler Ridge, there was at lease 3ft of fresh over the hood powder. It took all day to ride the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crazy amount of snow...... Anyone who rides in that area will be smiling for sure.. Pity the nonsledders though.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always love hearing about the epic west coast storms. Its pretty amazing how much snow can dump there in such a short amount of time. Anyone else remember when Dave Craig (Roops of Hazard film maker) used to own the Stewart Lodge and post pics of one crazy snowfall after another? I've always wanted to venture up that way for a week of riding!:cool:

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only a small native village near the city of Kitimat was evacuated. Only road in or out is very sketchy at good times, probably concerned about road being buried in avalanche and having to deal with emergencies in that scenario.

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no time to ride unfortunately,power finally back on in the last places tonight & the mind boggling thing is remember it snowed for 2 days we got almost 200cm or 79 inches over the 2 days.
spent all day today trying to save boats at marina, about 10 boats went down from massive snow loads nobody could get to marina because of nearly 100 trees down sow & powerlines.
kitimat has some of the best & biggest snow clearing equipment in canada & this storm brought the town to a stand still,all streets are open now but most are just cleared enough to get vehicles down,it will take them a week to clean this mess up.
sledding is almost impossible my turbo sled could only go a short way before i would have to get back on road & that is totally flat ground lol.

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only a small native village near the city of Kitimat was evacuated. Only road in or out is very sketchy at good times, probably concerned about road being buried in avalanche and having to deal with emergencies in that scenario.

close too 100 trees down on road plus no power,trees are still coming down every hour on to road,no avi worries

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Hope all is safe up there Shane. When it settles down and the sun shines I bet the Alpine riding will be spectacular.
Cheers
RS

Top Bottom