Need rider reviews of Trygstad 872 ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well said other than the part about suing.. Those are words that ussally have negative consequences..if your working with solid bussiness they will try in make it right, and it sounds like they are, but mention the other and you might be pounding sand in the future.. Use that as final recourse

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some one threatens it's not good .
I think you still should have stayed silent till something went sideways.
You have already put some questions in people's minds on purchases that builders and businesses make a living off of.
Agree that folks need to know but at a later date?

Last edited:

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good buddy of mine is running a 872r and it is really impressive. It tool a little while to get the clutching dialed but now that it is WOW! I wouldn't hesitate to buy an 872.

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock sleds blow up to, anything that is mass produced has a failure rate. anytime you cut a cast (bore them out) you can open up weakness in it in the jug. Sometimes there is more to a failure than you see. Good luck!!

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a few rides on my '13 872 and all is well, very happy so far. Did a few other for customers, a 14 and a couple 15's. All working great, no problems. Follow break in advice, turn up oil injector ( which is LOWER number on BUDS!), add a little oil to gas the first tank, don't overheat it and have a little mercy on it for the first couple tanks of fuel. All I need now is some freaking snow around here, worst winter in many years.

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't get it! Dave is very consciences guy. When I installed my 872 he phoned me direct to tell me to make dam sure I properly warm sled. He said the pistons are fit tight for longevity and need 200 miles breakin. I normally warm sled anyhow but I thought it very impressive for him to call. When you have a bb kit you have to do your own homework. Don't rely on dealers cause most times you don't get the full story. My son has his 872 r and runs the hell right out of it. The sled is falling apart around engine. We do what Dave said warm up good and ride no sustained wide open pulls till after 200 miles. Seems easy enough understand !

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't get it! Dave is very consciences guy. When I installed my 872 he phoned me direct to tell me to make dam sure I properly warm sled. He said the pistons are fit tight for longevity and need 200 miles breakin. I normally warm sled anyhow but I thought it very impressive for him to call. When you have a bb kit you have to do your own homework. Don't rely on dealers cause most times you don't get the full story. My son has his 872 r and runs the hell right out of it. The sled is falling apart around engine. We do what Dave said warm up good and ride no sustained wide open pulls till after 200 miles. Seems easy enough understand !
Yep agree.. I've built, help build and clutch over a dozen 872's with ZERO failure do to Trygstad work. And yes his customer service is topnotch ..Cheers folks

Dave Trygstad

Trygstad Motorsports
Reaction score
ToToToTo be clear, first phone call was with Dave himself. Next was the dealer it was installed. After my post on here was on here on this forum. The legal action I was talking about earlier was due to the missing paper work and I stated I was ready to go that route if this situation is dealt with in a manner not satisfactory to my standards. We are unsure what exactly happened at the moment and are waitomg for the engine to be torn down.upon tear down and a visual inspection of the failed parts by myself I'll let everyone know whats the deal is. The sled is back where it came from, so we will see what happens from here. I dont believe in staying quite for fear of being bullied around by companies, its employees ,or people here on forums such as this one. If there's unresolved issues people should know about them before they go spend their hard earned cash. This is why we go to professionals such as the installer of my kit. They have the professional expertice and are able to do professional installs and give professional advice due to their professional training and knowledge on the product lines they carry. So I am sure it will be dealt with in a professional manner.

Updates on 872 per above customers request.

872 Etec kit was professionally built.
872 kit was professionally installed by Riderz
Purchasers obligation to follow any kind of breakin procedure-Zero!

30 miles on installed kit-run log showed multiple overheat codes-last 60 seconds run time 100 percent throttle!
I am sure that the modified snow flap with aprox 1/3 of orig left had nothing to do with overheat codes!
Note I was not the first phone call made as stated above also.

Dave Trygstad

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That about sums it up Dave.!! Cannot trick the brp computer!! Thanks for input and yes you have a great product!!Both my son and I impressed!! Thanks Steve

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

30 miles on installed kit-run log showed multiple overheat codes-last 60 seconds run time 100 percent throttle!
I am sure that the modified snow flap with aprox 1/3 of orig left had nothing to do with overheat codes!

Dave Trygstad

^^^ haha....holy crap thats a pull and a half on a new mod engine! But hey....they guy is a power engineer so hes almost an engineer. Kind of. Well not really...........

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i saw this sled where it was when it died no way 60 seconds wide open throttle but hey were meeting in the middle somewhere now that we have 2 sides to the story LOL

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i saw this sled where it was when it died no way 60 seconds wide open throttle but hey were meeting in the middle somewhere now that we have 2 sides to the story LOL
So his computer lied ? Hey you said stock clutching works so you have NO credibility anymore Lol J/K It's a bad deal for all parties Involved and hope everyone involved gets it resolved .Cheers

jetpuff77

Reaction score

Dave Trygstad

What was the actual cause of the failure? was it blown up cause it overheated? or did it blow up cause someone built it wrong, a part failed or an act of God? WHAT ACTUALLY FAILED /WHAT IS THE DAMAGE? the computer is just one side of the story IMO
hmm professional build and they let him leave with a cut snow flap? pretty sure if I was just about to drop a couple grand on a BB I would opt for an extra $100 for a new snow flap if They told me It made a difference.

Alot of guys run these Trygstad kits, so I'm hearing. It would be nice to know if this was an isolated incident, and what the outcome is?

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can run without snowflap if you smart enough to watch guage. With 3"
chicken plucker you gonna heat up fast on trail with flap. How many guys sit at bottom of hill bull shipping for a hr and let motor cool. Then with snow caked tunnel fire it up and wick it to top of climb? When that stat opens your pooched with tight new engine. I don't know what the big deal is? 100% for 60 that's exactly what they tell you not to do. Even 30 seconds a long pull. If it's a 4 corner skid the writing is on the wall!the kit comes with a bypass water manifold so it takes awhile to heat up!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom