Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmph.
1] That wasn't fair. 2 against one. (Ross + 40oz) vs. me. :drink4:
2] that was a 4' drift.

People heard you guys laughing all the way back at GP. (does that sound like Ross laffing?...yeah, that's ross laffing)
The wolves were even laughing.

powderup

Reaction score
wish i could say the same for mine.... my 872 blew up this weekend in vale and had to heli out. more info to come as i deal with the situation and get it resolved.
Curious to know what happened. First one I have heard of and spend a lot of time on the forums.....my stuff is getting done by Dave as we speak.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to Dave about it today. Think we know the issue but I won't say until the motor is opened and I know exactly the cause. I will aso let you know how the issue was dealt with via the company that installed.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_1266 (640x478).jpg This is part of the letter you should have seen and some even (ME) GET THEM SIGNED so i know they at least read it. Hope you get it resolved ..

Last edited:

XP2009

Reaction score
wish i could say the same for mine.... my 872 blew up this weekend in vale and had to heli out. more info to come as i deal with the situation and get it resolved.

We were in Vale first weekend in Dec and helped tow out a guy with a new installed 872. Guy said he only put on 40km that day and was taking it very easy; even showed us the black marks on primary where belt only made it up half way. Seen him at hotel next day and he said he lost MAG side, only 30psi on that cylinder.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm?
Black marks on primary?
Sounds like clutch problems also.
Shouldn't be leaving black marks.
If I was a betting man I would guess Team clutching. DJ's HRSS And Rooster built clutch kit are FAR more superior for mountains. Like my team set up for drag racing.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I was a betting man I would guess Team clutching. DJ's HRSS And Rooster built clutch kit are FAR more superior for mountains. Like my team set up for drag racing.

Humm didn't someone post his thoughts on the team clutching to the OP in this exact thread. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The main reason I have a 860 is for the break in. 40 km and go for it. Most builders of the 872 say its tight and needs 200 km minimum break in. If you get it hot to soon look out. That isn't a first hand experience. It's what I learned doing big research this summer.

XP2009

Reaction score
I assumed by black marks he meant vertical sharpie marks to measure belt travel.
Correct. Sorry if I was un-clear. Black sharpie to show belt travel. Black mark was still on at least 1/3 of the primary.

Last edited:

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Humm didn't someone post his thoughts on the team clutching to the OP in this exact thread. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lmao fair enough. I've spent more time on Team than any other clutching .DJ Roostbuilt and HRSS are way easier to dial IN . Thanks Caper11 Lol

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe most builders say it needs 200 k....according to dave all are supposed to provide documentation stating so . the installer of my kit failed to give my any information about this product what so ever.

The main reason I have a 860 is for the break in. 40 km and go for it. Most builders of the 872 say its tight and needs 200 km minimum break in. If you get it hot to soon look out. That isn't a first hand experience. It's what I learned doing big research this summer.

Gunner66

Reaction score
Not gonna lie hearing about these sleds going down during break in has me a little worried since the carbon chassis has a tendency to over heat especially on easy trail rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom