Need rider reviews of Trygstad 872 ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I need to know if the trygstad 872 BB kit with the upgraded clutching option is worth my time or not!? i need to know by Monday morning as that is the day i will be pulling the trigger and taking it to riderz in edson for the install. Let me here what you guys have to say

NO BULLSH**T NO SUGAR COATING.... tell me how it is

Thanks Gents

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are going to need to adjust your clutch no matter what. You are adding power so your clutching is not going to work as good now. And what is your updated clutching? Is it a kit? If it's a kit the like dj or rooster they should be able to tell you what to change. And I never heard anything bad about Riderz so I would think they will know to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I need to know if the trygstad 872 BB kit with the upgraded clutching option is worth my time or not!? i need to know by Monday morning as that is the day i will be pulling the trigger and taking it to riderz in edson for the install. Let me here what you guys have to say

Thanks Gents

Lots of threads on this on Snow West. Reviews seem to be really good, and having a dealer reasonably close always helps out.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO he is just trolling ?
He knows exactly what they are like and has did his research !!!
Would hope that he isn't jerking Riderz around?

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The clutching I am talking about is the team setup that is offered with the trygstad kit. I figure if I'm going to do it I mine as well do it rite the first time. I talked to Jason I believe from riders and he quoted me 4700 for the install , the kit, and the optional clutching. So I think it should be good, I spoke with Dave trygstad on the phone personally and he told me riders was the place to go.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah !!! Okay . It sounded like you were asking about the 872 it self ?
Cheers

turboxp

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thanks Gents
What are u spending all the money on the kit is 2250.00 what are they charging u to install?

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a good question actually now that I think about it. I'll have to call and ask again. I am getting the kit. And I'm getting the clutch setup. And the install... That's all they are changing..... Does that price seem higher then it should be?

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that I know of.... Basically what he's said is they are sending my stuff out to trygstad and the new stuff will show up and get put in. So I don't keep any of my old stuff

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That seems a bit much extra for even 10 hours labor

That's like 200 plus a hour difference at 10 hrs....

Mabe they told u wrong, more like 3500 installed

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay. ill call Monday morning before i take off to drop the sled off. ill post on here the exact prices for everything. i thought it was kind of high when he originally told me but well see. because i know the trygstad site says its us price... and when i asked for my Canadian quote he told me 3200 witch was 1000 over what it says its worth already? its prolly a mistake is my guess.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
872 bb- 2150 american= 2343 canadian
6 hours labor to install everything at 109/hr=654 ( this rate im almost sure was including the clutches as well)
I cant find on the website anymore the optional team clutching set up.... i think its been removed from the page... but lets say =1000?

so all in i should be 3997$ before gst. (199.85) is a grand total of.... 4196.85$

Does that sound rite to everyone?

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly im unsure, i am relying on the people doing the install and the people who built the kit to set me up wit what i need... motors is my thing... clutching... i literally have no idea about.

is there something im missing that you know about and i dont?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom