Need info

• Thread starter Ryan Verrecchia
  • Start date
R

Ryan Verrecchia

So I'm thinking of putting a boondocker turbo on my 12 pro rmk I ride from 0-3000 feet.. I'd like to know how much boost could I run on pump gas and a mix lets say 30% to 50%. Also I would like to know how many miles before an engine job and if you have some good settings that I could use as a good base when I get one.. Thanks

R

Ryan Verrecchia

Oh would like to know is the $1,000 for the exhaust worth it would like to keep it a cheap as possibly.. I find that's a lot of $$ for 5" of tubing I could probably do I won't have a egt gauge only a/f

R

Ryan Verrecchia

Could you also let me know what the best set up would be for me everything I would need etc

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't run boondocker, but I do run a turbo. I run 7-10 lbs on straight av gas. I have friends who run 7 on 50/50 mix.
I've got around 1000 miles on my original engine. I just did a top end in it, and when it was apart a good inspection showed no signs of wear. A good set of reeds will be needed after a few hundred miles. Afr gauge is a must. Temps are helpful. Sorry I can't give you any base number for boondocker fuel systems.
However, if your gonna spend the cash, seriously look into the boost it system. I'm sure Neil will be happy to sell one to you.

powerfuldodge

Reaction score
I have a silber kit with a boost it controller riding 6psi on pump gas at 1000ft . Just rolled 1500 miles and I'm going to put in RKT pistions this summer. No issues sleds works great

R

Ryan Verrecchia

I have a silber kit with a boost it controller riding 6psi on pump gas at 1000ft . Just rolled 1500 miles and I'm going to put in RKT pistions this summer. No issues sleds works great
Can you tell me the numbers on your box and il be mixing pump with 20% 110 just to be sure around 6-7lbs thanks I was looking at the boost it kit but cost a lot of money be like $10,000 by the time you start to ride.. Thanks

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand where your coming from with the cost thing. However, spending more time in the garage then on the mountain sucks. Or spending days on end trying to tune sucks just as much. And I'm sure there's a wack of people on here who have experienced situations like that. Take my advice, buy something that's proven, and works, even if its extra cash.

R

Ryan Verrecchia

I have talked to a guy that has run with silver at sea level and it was **** he then switched to bd and it was flawless and he was on pump at 8lbs so I'm pretty sure il be good I don't mind messing around with the a/f etc.. That's what makes it your sled then nobody will touch it.. Haha

Top Bottom