Need ideas for a new rear light (New seat set up).

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did a seat upgrade. I don't really want the wiring across the top of the tunnel back to the rear light , nor do I want to reroute it under the tunnel near the track. Thinking I might just add a small LED brake light to the back tube of the seat. It might actually stay cleaner up there as the tail light now always is snow covered and useless.

OLD

New

Existing light wiring and proposed new mounting position on the seat tube. Anyone see a light that might work back there?

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd just mount on the seat tube. It'll be simple and look good. Only downfall is might not be too visible if your carrying gas, but then again most sleds have a cloud of roost and snow dust behind them so it shouldn't really matter too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well here is what I came up with. A quick trip to Walmart and 20 bucks later. Got two strip lights, cut one down for the tail light. The gas can will block the light 100% :rant:. I might look into one of those tunnel gas can set ups. The one with two little gas cans. That might just work.

Click to view Video....

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe it's slp that has a little led tail light that would fit on that back tube

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah, I'd get a mountain addiction gas and mounting rack and ditch that old gas rack. All that extra tunnel, it'd be a lot better having it up closer either way.

New seat really makes it look half modern!

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new seat does look good on there. And as STEVE D stated just get a mountain addiction setup and you will be fine.

Top Bottom