Need help!!

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok i need big time help...i am long tracking my sled from 136 to 151...my old 136 skid is only about a half wheel shorter then my so called 151...i think something is messed up...the track is to long looking and I dont know if the 9 tooth drivers will fit they are bigger than the stock ones...how long are 151 rails supaosed to be? please help me out haha i think i measured my "151" as 58 inches...just kinda a rough measure

Last edited by a moderator:

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like someone sold you the wrong skid! Skid should be about 7.5 inches longer tha 136. As for the drivers they should fit but they will change the overall gear ratio. You may have to gear down and clutch to gain power back.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like someone sold you the wrong skid! Skid should be about 7.5 inches longer tha 136. As for the drivers they should fit but they will change the overall gear ratio. You may have to gear down and clutch to gain power back.

well i guess i got ripped off...well any one out there with an actuall 151 skid? the guy siad it was off on 02 summit highmark...i cant remeber if it was an x model

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
What did you pay for the 151" skid??? I might have one off an '04 summit 151"...... But measure the skid and check specs to see what the skid is you have first.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think doo used 144" rails in the highmark 151. The factory did a suspension set back.If it is a 144, set back suspension 3.5",will work perfect.I did all this to my 01 summit. Tim

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if the skid is in good shape get some new sliders and your off the setback can be determined after the track is on. Mock the whole thing up and youll find your bolt hole placement, if it is a 144 it may just be back a bit further. better aproach angle for the ski and an option to go to a 144 track down the road. Dont be afraid to be creative it will need some inginuity but it can happen. get some big wheels on to take up some track and you may want to consider 8t drivers only because they will give you some snow clearance in the tunnel. the gearing can be reworked in the chaincase and clutching. Have you got any pics, maybe get a shot of a tape beside the skid so we can get a better idea of what your dealing with.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
You will probably need some new rear drop brackets for the back to bolts to the tunnel..... Setback would be roughly 3 to 3.5" back from original mounting holes(all 4)..... I would reomend dropping the front hole about 1/2" and rear holes about 1 1/2"..... Like kore said, the 144 skid mounted further back will help with the attack angle.........

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah like kore and ric said.. There is nothing wrong with moving your skid back at all.. rear susp brackets that are all aluminum and welded up nice that work really good for you i think are like 100.00 We have some.. I forgot that they did that on that year of sleds.. they only did it for the one year then they came out with new rails the following year..

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would it be maybe better to just by a differant skid so i dont have to do all that re-arranging?or could i just put rail extensions on?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Your worrying too much.
Here are photos of my 02 800 RMK. Started out as a 152". Now it's got a 156" skid moved back 2.75" with a 159" x 16" track, 10 tooth drivers and a big wheel kit...track works awesome.

Your options are to install the skid as it is and then add extensions (real easy) or move the skid back as others have suggested they did at the factory or contact Summitric and buy his.

I'd look at moving it back, lots of advantage for attack of angle.

would it be maybe better to just by a differant skid so i dont have to do all that re-arranging?or could i just put rail extensions on?

Attachments

• IMG_8794_1.jpg
    IMG_8794_1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_8795_1.jpg
    IMG_8795_1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 87
Top Bottom