Need Help

CThiessen

Reaction score
I just bought a 1987 Honda TRX350 fourtrax and I have no idea where the oil filter is. Also as I was changing the oil and replacing the old fuel and basically doing a general service on it and I never noticed a carb, if there is one can someone please tell me where it is. I also think I burnt out the electric starter on it but it starts no problem when kicked over.:cool:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 1987 Honda TRX350 fourtrax and I have no idea where the oil filter is. Also as I was changing the oil and replacing the old fuel and basically doing a general service on it and I never noticed a carb, if there is one can someone please tell me where it is. I also think I burnt out the electric starter on it but it starts no problem when kicked over.:cool:

dear need help,,, ah to be a quadder virgin.... its all good take a deep breath...

couple suggestions. i would invest in a cylmer service manual available from most dealers and even canadian tire...this will help you understand your new toy and ensure you have endless fun on it and also enable you to do the required service to ensure, uninterrupted use....

i am not a big honda guy but heres my 2 cents, the oil filter should be behind a round cover on the engine case with 3 bolts holding it in, the left or right side around the level of your ankle(nb payattention to the way the filter is put in if you do it wrong the filter will collapse and could have bad consequences) it is what they call and internal filter, should be about 8-12 bucks, they are not reuseable,,, and yes there is a carburator it should be located under your fuel tank there should be a valve coming of the fuel tank with a hose delivering the fuel to the carburator... as far as the starter motor goes, if its wrecked you can buy parts to rebuild it or buy a reconditioned one...

happy quadding

T.

CThiessen

Reaction score
Thanks I found everything I needed about 3 hrs after I posted this thread but I am still looking for the VIN number and I have looked everywhere but I am unable to find it. I have one more spot to look and I have to take the winch off because someone told me it is there stamped on the frame. If you have any ideas where it could be let me know.

Top Bottom