Need help with value…her husband died, left car

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I got a message from my sister. Her good friend’s husband died and left behind this car. Not a happy scene as we are talking about folks in late 40’s here. Of course between her and my sister, details are few. Coronet 500, 383, air cond….these are the only details I could glean from the pics. I think it’s a ‘66. Looks like the good manifolds and 4bbl, so maybe a hipo car. The engine and AC pump are wrong color….but maybe it’s numbers matching?
The widow needs the cash, but I don’t want to see her ripped off. My thoughts are that a convertible with AC might be rare.
I have asked my sister to get her friend to dig into her husband’s paperwork as the value may depend greatly if this is numbers matching and all that….so as I get more info I will add it here. I figured with the wealth of car knowledge on this site, we might come up with a number. Car is in Vancouver Canada.
Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Attachments

• IMG_0704.JPG
    IMG_0704.JPG
    491.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0705.JPG
    IMG_0705.JPG
    381.7 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_2726.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_2726.HEIC.jpeg
    386.2 KB · Views: 188

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it’s super clean no rust, full retail $35,000, if its a 7/10 8/10 type car $25,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know if this will work but maybe a call to graveyard cars in the US?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually messaged my sister yesterday to suggest to the widow that an appraisal might be her best bet.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Appraisals are mostly a joke, some guy who took a few month course is now the expert….. ya right. Any classic car collector gives two shits about appraisals. Appraisals are for insurance purposes, not selling

Last edited:

mikeydoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well good luck with that then. List it and hope for the best, Maybe a class c collector will tell her how much its worth lolol. Personally if I had a loved ones personal item I would do everything I could to know what it worth before selling so I wouldn't get taken advantage of. Maybe she has mark worman on speed dial.

Last edited:

hevy_chevy67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree appraisals are good for insurance, but at least this way someone can confirm for her if its numbers matching, what factory options it had. That's worth it before trying to sell.,

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Local knowledge. A Quick phone call to Rust Brothers in BC. Mike hall would shoot you straight. He probably love to talk about that car. He would also know if it’s a good car (vin) ect

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The legit value was posted already people

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have the buyers though. Might still be worth it after the fees if you get top dollar.

No it won’t, it’s a huge process and a giant pain in the ass for Canadians, seller pays 10% if they are there, 12% I believe if they aren’t there and the buyer pays the same, plus shipping and import charges all the way down there, then you pay taxes up here on the sale, this car wouldn’t even be in the top 500 cars at a single BJ auction, been to a few and my dad has gone to Scottsdale or Vegas shows pretty much every year for the last 15 years. That car is nice, don’t get me wrong, semi rare in Canada but not at all in the states.

Last edited:
Top Bottom