Need help with clutching on 98 summit mod

gp 670 h.o

Reaction score
I have a 98 summit x chassis, 151" X 2" track, skid set back & drop. It has a split second performance 720cc with twin pipes(running Av gas). I am new to clutching but have tried several setups with no luck. My 99 summitx with twin jaws and minor clutching runs over it all day. NEED HELP I'm running TRA clutches

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get rid of the tra's put polaris clutches on it and life will be a whole bunch better:d

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you talking mountain set up or drag race? They are totally opposite clutch set ups. The TRA's are good drag race clutches but it takes abit to get them to backshift in the mountains.

Cowboy151

Reaction score
With your twin pipes, what is the desired RPM you want to hold? Where does your motor make peak HP? I am a big fan of the TRA and have run them for years. I assume you already have hollow pins but if you're up in hp, install a set of threaded pins so you can ad weight in small increments.. Your secondary proably is a 44 or a 47. With the hp, look at a 47 straght or possibly a 47 50 progressive to maximize track speed. What is your gearing at? Once you are in the ballpark, the 6 settings on the clutch should fine tune. Cheers:cool:

Top Bottom