Need help setting up 08 M1000

proconpete

Reaction score
I need advice setting up my 08 M1000 I have got speedwerx y,pipe,and mbrp can. I was thinking of getting Boondocker controller, intake kit, heads, reeds, and clutch kit. I was wondering what products will to get it setup?

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need advice setting up my 08 M1000 I have got speedwerx y,pipe,and mbrp can. I was thinking of getting Boondocker controller, intake kit, heads, reeds, and clutch kit. I was wondering what products will to get it setup?

I would get a speedwerx head and clutch kit. V-force reeds and a black diamond extreme air intake. I would also get a timing key for all these mods as well. IMO

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would get a speedwerx head and clutch kit. V-force reeds and a black diamond extreme air intake. I would also get a timing key for all these mods as well. IMO

I would NOT use V-force reeds - the Boyesen Cages are much more reliable. If you're set on them though, I'll make you a helluva deal on a gently used set.
The timing key is another thing I'd disagree on - most people I know that have run them have pulled them off (reliability issues). Speedwerx head is identical to RK Tek (copied), and Kelsey will build you a head for your mods and elevation, instead of an "off the shelf" version spec'd by the guy who ordered it.
Bear in mind this is simply my opinion

proconpete

Reaction score
thanks for the info what kind of deal for the reeds? is kelsey the guy at RK TEK? What do you think about the RK TEK secondary clutch kits?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I have a 2 degree timing key with mild porting and an extra base gasket and so far I do not believe that it was worth doing, starting to wonder if there is a gain at all so I am taking it off after this weekend. I think the RKT clutch kit is the way to go but I have not had anyone tell me that I will gain any trackspeeed, just better upshifting and backshifting which I have already achieved with my hard rollers and shift assist kit. I have increased my airbox intake to the snowpro air horn which helped alot but I had to get a boondocker box to get it dialed in. Just a note, the best thing I have done this year is sealed off my exaust at the bellypan and I can sidehill and ride in the deep untill the cows come home with no bogging. You should also look at going to the M8 gearing as well as it all helps with the belt life. Good luck!

proconpete

Reaction score
I have a 2 degree timing key with mild porting and an extra base gasket and so far I do not believe that it was worth doing, starting to wonder if there is a gain at all so I am taking it off after this weekend. I think the RKT clutch kit is the way to go but I have not had anyone tell me that I will gain any trackspeeed, just better upshifting and backshifting which I have already achieved with my hard rollers and shift assist kit. I have increased my airbox intake to the snowpro air horn which helped alot but I had to get a boondocker box to get it dialed in. Just a note, the best thing I have done this year is sealed off my exaust at the bellypan and I can sidehill and ride in the deep untill the cows come home with no bogging. You should also look at going to the M8 gearing as well as it all helps with the belt life. Good luck!

can i ask how you sealed off the hole in your exhaust. i was reading about people taking out a plug on the intake and duct taping some intake vents? don't know what they are talking about.

Captain Undies

Reaction score
can i ask how you sealed off the hole in your exhaust. i was reading about people taking out a plug on the intake and duct taping some intake vents? don't know what they are talking about.
The vents right below your headlights are the ones that you should tape off but only if you are in the deep stuff. Now if you look at your hood underneath when you open it tou will see the whole intake running from the nose up to the headlights. right in the middle is a 2 1/2 inch rubber plug, remove that and it should help. I totally removed all of the intake junk under the hood and put a set of k&n filters on and I have no issues with getting air now, and it sounds great to

Top Bottom