Need help from an M7 owner.

Stevo

Reaction score
I need an M7 owner to measure the rear suspension springs on their sled. The length of the arms (short and long) is what I need, and the thickness as well, if possible.

My M8's suspension is overly stiff and shows no sign of softening with use. If I read the Cat part numbers correctly, the M7 spring has a diameter of .375 inch and the M8 .405 inch, so the M7 spring should be somewhat softer. I just need to find out if the overall dimensions are similar enough that they will interchange.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Stevo

DID YOU CONTACT YOUR CAT DEALER?? WHAT DID THEY SAY??? ARE YOU A BIG OR SMALLER GUY? WHAT IS THE TRACK LENGTH ON YOUR SLED(MAYBE THEY PUT THE LONGTRACK SPRINGS ON A SHORTER TRACK SLED?)JUST CAN'T SEE A SLED RIDING THAT ROUGH:confused: .... THE M1000 THAT RODE WITH US LAST WEEKEND SEEMED TO RIDE OKAY AND HAD ABOUT NORMAL TRAVEL FROM WHAT I COULD SEE(COULDN'T TELL, HE WAS STUCK SO MUCH, I THOUGHT HE WAS "CATMANDO" FOR A WHILE THERE :D -- JUST KIDDING) AND THE RIDER, WAS A SMALLER(BUT WIDER) FELLOW. KEEP US IN TOUCH ON THIS ONE.

Stevo

Reaction score
Dealer was no help other than to call up part numbers.

In full riding gear I'm about 210-215 lbs, sled moves maybe 1/2 inch when I climb on. It's a 153" and afaik the spring is a shared part for all suspension lengths.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your sled new, M8 I'm assuming ? You probably already looked but when J-MAN bought his new summit ,it was killer stiff we tried a bunch of adjusting then discovered a shipping bar from the factory was missed . Up inside the track suspension. Was hard to spot painted black and looked like it was meant to be thier. Just a shot in the dark. LOL

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Stevo

Is your sled new, M8 I'm assuming ? You probably already looked but when J-MAN bought his new summit ,it was killer stiff we tried a bunch of adjusting then discovered a shipping bar from the factory was missed . Up inside the track suspension. Was hard to spot painted black and looked like it was meant to be thier. Just a shot in the dark. LOL

I BET OVERKILL19 IS RIGHT........I'VE HEARD OF THAT BEFORE TOO. SAW A GUY ON THE HILL PULL HIS OUT WHILE WE WERE UNLOADING OUR SLEDS.. SAID HIS SUSPENSION WAS ROCK HARD TOO, UNTIL HE UNDID THE SHIPPING BAR........ GOOD LUCK:D

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just measured my spring on my '06 M7 EFI limited and it measures approx. 7/16" (.440) diameter with the long measurement being 17" and short being 4" to the inside if the coil, i did not have calipers handy for the diameter measurement, so i cant get a decimal reading but i asure you it is not .375" (3/8") Let me know if you need more info.

Stevo

Reaction score
Haven't had a chance to check guys, I've come down with pneumonia.

Thanks for the info and suggestions.

Top Bottom