NEED HELP 2010 rmk 800

HAYDENC

Reaction score
so i have made my 800 rmk for three seasons now and the first two it was great! then this last season sometimes when ridding my track starts to vibrate! so then i have to stop flip it on its side and take a spark plug wrench or long knife and chip out ice from what i believe is the drive shaft? im not to sure what part it is but its at the front of the track and its white and has many groves witch turn the track. anyone have any ideas why this is freezing up??

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you might need to tighten up your track? have you ever tighten it? tracks will stretch over time causing your track to slip on the drivers.

HAYDENC

Reaction score
No! I never even thought of that, I assumed it was good how it was. Thanks a million hopefully that's it!

HAYDENC

Reaction score
Wait last question? How do you tighten the track up??

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in certain wet snow conditions snow will accumulate and work into ice in between the drivers. tighten your track to spec and spray the hell out of the shaft and sides of the drivers with pam or some form of non stick cooking crap. it helps.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As Rhodesie said, track tight to specs..... when it happens to my sled I pull the sled on it's side, pin the throttle a couple time and that will get rid of any ice build up on the drivers!!

HAYDENC

Reaction score
thanks alot for the help with that, also i just put an mbrp can of my sled but where the can attaches to the pipe it leaks alot of exhaust? should i just fill around where the two connect with a muffler paste?

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
i would go try putting in some smaller (tighter) springs first, or make sure you didnt mix up the long with the short ones when you replaced it, i have same can with no issues

Top Bottom