Need feed back on Place's to stay in revelstoke

2bills

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all I am trying to get some feed back on an idea for my property. I have 14 acre place about 25 km from Revelstoke an i am thinking of putting up two cabins on it to rent out. I would build them to sleep six or more per cabin. I would build it so it was easy to move the big trailers around as well as a hot tub. there would be a shop that every one could use to work on there sled and was thinking about providing fuel as well. i have 5 good riding areas around from 5 to 15 kms away from my place. Each cabin would be fully furnished with stove washer dryer ect... good drying rooms for all the gear. the sky line truck stop is about 10 kms away would be the closest place to eat if you didn't feel like cooking the Great white north is 20 kms away. I also thought about putting up a place to store sled trailers and sled for the guys that travel from far away place through the season. I am looking for what ever feed back that you got thanks for your time.

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea. I would suggest having maybe 6 single beds rather than 3 doubles in the cabins. Guys don't mind sharing space but sharing beds doesn't seem to be as popular.

I would think that secure parking for frequent visitors would go over really well.

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds great, in fact it sound so good i am not sure i would be able to afford it. make it nice and easy to use but dont spend so much on it that your fees kill the interest in staying there.

2bills

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the info. I'm kinda on here to find out what price people would pay per head a night. i do not need to get rich but I do not want to go broke. You don't mind the distance from town like i said i got 5 good riding areas with in 10 kms

willhickey

Reaction score
Check out greatcanadianchalets.com, we stayed there just after christmas. They were great and located about a 15 min drive west of Golden. Sounds to me like you were thinking about the same thing as the guy who owns this place. It is way up in the hills so you don't have to worry about sleds and that sort of thing. It should give you all the rates there and what not. I thought that it was great value for my wife and I, and our friends. You build it and I would gladly stay there.

2bills

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all I am trying to get some feed back on an idea for my property. I have 14 acre place about 25 km from Revelstoke an i am thinking of putting up two cabins on it to rent out. I would build them to sleep six or more per cabin. I would build it so it was easy to move the big trailers around as well as a hot tub. there would be a shop that every one could use to work on there sled and was thinking about providing fuel as well. i have 5 good riding areas around from 5 to 15 kms away from my place. Each cabin would be fully furnished with stove washer dryer ect... good drying rooms for all the gear. the sky line truck stop is about 10 kms away would be the closest place to eat if you didn't feel like cooking the Great white north is 20 kms away. I also thought about putting up a place to store sled trailers and sled for the guys that travel from far away place through the season. I am looking for what ever feed back that you got thanks for your time.
thanks for the help

Zig Zag

Reaction score
Days Inn Rm 101 sleeps 5 1 king and 2 queen and 2 pull out in living room full kitchen. Split 5 ways cheap great place to stay.:twocents:

Top Bottom